The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just dropped my laptop...got a dead pixel line running through the corner, and some other stuff. Will still get the job done of reading the Braves thread.

Reactions: 1 person
I think Juan Francisco is a more valuable asset than reed Johnson or Gerald laird.
There's no way in hell Juan Francisco striking out all the time playing one position is more valuable than Reed Johnson who can pinch hit, has speed and can play all 3 outfield spots.

tbrown so mad.

Pretty frustrating being invested in these things and have games/series/seasons turn on calls that absolutely don't happen only to cater to certain players or markets. The NBA has zero integrity.

Teacher: Spell "couch".
Little girl: Couch. C-O-W...
Billy Madison: No!
Teacher: [to little girl] No, Im sorry, thats not right.
[to Billy]
Teacher: Well, Billy, if you spell this correctly you pass second
grade.
Billy Madison: Couch. C-O-R, uh, are you going to the mall today?
Teacher: No Im not goin to the mall, keep spelling, mister.
Billy Madison: C-O-U-C-H!
Teacher: Correct!
Billy Madison: I AM THE SMARTEST MAN ALIVE!

There's no way in hell Juan Francisco striking out all the time playing one position is more valuable than Reed Johnson who can pinch hit, has speed and can play all 3 outfield spots.

Agree to disagree. There's a dozen guys in my softball league that could be reed johnson if they enjoyed playing without drinking.

No, people incapable of cognitive thought.

So the best player in the world misses 2 back to back 3's and all the sudden he "still" can't shoot, then after 3 fouls on the other end, he can all the sudden shoot.

At the same time he passed Wilt and Elgin Baylor in career playoff points. They must have sucked ass if he passed them.

You would take Lebron on the Grizzlies tomorrow if you had a choice

Juan wasn't reliable as a PH. He only plays 3B. Can't hit lefties. Gattis, thus far, has proven an invaluable weapon for PH, but if he's the only other catcher on the roster, he isn't available as much to PH. Similar deal as with Ross last season. Arguably the best bat on the bench, but his PH chances were impacted negatively by being the backup C.

This.

Gattis moves from backup catcher to backup OF/1B/#1 pinch hitter who can be insurance at the catching spot.

I'm fine with Atlanta making this move. They could have DFA'd Laird or Johnson too. Not a big deal.

Pretty frustrating being invested in these things and have games/series/seasons turn on calls that absolutely don't happen only to cater to certain players or markets. The NBA has zero integrity.

They fouled LeBron out on an iffy call with a minute left the other night, effectively ending the game. Hard to figure how that fits into the conspiracy narrative.

It was my position in the offseason and I stand by it now. If Juan wasn't starting or at least in a 50/50 split, he served no purpose. No good coming off the bench to PH and not a defensive replacement either, even for Johnson.

Those guys must be sucking down insane amounts of PBR.

Coors.

He's the fifth best OF glove on the team. He's at best the fifth best OF bat on the team. Who is he going to pinch run for? Is he faster than upton? Upton? Heyward? Simmons? Schafer can pinch run. Schafer is a much better glove. Gattis is a much better RH bat. This isn't about reed johnson, it's about what ****ing purpose does he serve? He is a tradable commodity that I think should have been traded. I don't really care, it's not going to make much difference in the long run. I'm 100% with verc that carrying three catchers is asinine. Keep up the wise cracks though.

So they can make the series go 7...atleast thats the conspiracy I've heard

Five minutes earlier the same people were claiming that Miami were getting all the calls to fuel their comeback. The simplest explanation is also the most obvious: simple human incompetence.

Lebron

Durant

The rest of the league

I'd give Durant a little more credit, and the rest of the league down three notches. The #3 player in the league changes on a monthly basis. At different points, it was Paul/Gasol/etc, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back