The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ding ding ding! I said that Durant is much closer to Bron Bron in here a month ago and bout got laughed out of here.. Thinking it was Verc, can't remember now.

LeBron is in his prime physically and mentally. Durant isn't there yet.

And Durant cannot match LeBron's playmaking on any level. That's what separates LeBron (and his ability to guard five positions).

I dunno. They might put him on someone else to let him roam around. But they can't really do that with Green or he'll shoot the lights out. We'll see.

Wade can give Parker a tough time, but I think at this point Parker is too fast for Wade.

LeBron is in his prime physically and mentally. Durant isn't there yet.

And Durant cannot match LeBron's playmaking on any level. That's what separates LeBron (and his ability to guard five positions).

He can't guard a real five.

Durant has never been a playmaker in terms of assists. Lebron has been in that role for 28 years. It's his nature. He can't match durants ability to score the basketball, imo.

I dunno. They might put him on someone else to let him roam around. But they can't really do that with Green or he'll shoot the lights out. We'll see.

I was absolutely stunned by Green's ability to shoot the ball. Lights out. Him Leonard and bonner murdered us

He can't guard a real five.

Durant has never been a playmaker in terms of assists. Lebron has been in that role for 28 years. It's his nature. He can't match durants ability to score the basketball, imo.

True. He can't guard Gasol/Howard/Bynum, but in today's NBA, they are rare.

Durant is the better shooter. But in terms of ability to score, I think LeBron is just as good. His post game is better and he can finish better than Durant (although Durant can do that very well).

And again, LeBron's 28. Durant will be the best player in 3-4 years when LeBron starts to decline physically and Durant hits his peak. And Durant is clearly the #2 player in the league. He'll get there.

I was absolutely stunned by Green's ability to shoot the ball. Lights out. Him Leonard and bonner murdered us

Unless you have a LeBron or Durant, the Spurs are literally the perfectly constructed basketball team. Maybe give them a more athletic wing scorer and one more 7 footer, but in today's NBA, they are the most complete team.

Durant is a better jump shooter and free throw shooter, yes.

I don't think people understand how easy basketball is when you're a 6'8/6'9 freight train that's as fast as almost anyone else and you're allowed to travel in the nba. I give lebron all the credit in the world for adding to his game every offseason. He's athletic enough to dominate without possessing a single skill. Becoming a respectable, and now good, jump shooter has made it almost unfair. Durant is a far more skilled scorer though.

And to respond to the themes from this thread tonight but not wanting to quote everybody involved:

Parker>CP3: I don't have all the stats at my finger tips like I'm sure Z does but I know that watching the two play that TP is involved in every play, scoring or not, and facilitates the O from start to finish. CP runs Lob City in the season but when it matters you get 75% clear out for Chris and let him try and make something out of nothing. How'd that strategy work against Tony Allen?

And difference between LeBron vs KD? One word, defense. Best perimeter defender since Scottie vs an ok, at best, defender?

Ding ding ding! I said that Durant is much closer to Bron Bron in here a month ago and bout got laughed out of here.. Thinking it was Verc, can't remember now.

Durant is a better pure scorer. LeBron is 95 percent as good a scorer and is vastly better at everything else. I don't think it's very close and that was before I saw Durant manifestly fail to do anything at all without Westbrook. Memphis just ate him up.

As far as Tony Parker-Chris Paul.....I've always enjoyed watching Paul because he's kind of a throwback pure point guard, which used to be a common species back in the olden days. But either he has diminished, or playing for Vinny Del Negro and with Blake Griffin is ruining him, or both. There's no question that Parker is playing at a higher level right now. Of course, he's also in the best possible situation for a professional point guard in the world right now; it's hard to extricate how much of it is Parker and how much of it is Popovich/Duncan. But he's playing better right now.

I don't think people understand how easy basketball is when you're the best shooter in the league, get any call you want, and also happen to be 7 feet tall. So, yeah, pure physical gifts and star treatment help a lot.

True. He can't guard Gasol/Howard/Bynum, but in today's NBA, they are rare.

Durant is the better shooter. But in terms of ability to score, I think LeBron is just as good. His post game is better and he can finish better than Durant (although Durant can do that very well).

And again, LeBron's 28. Durant will be the best player in 3-4 years when LeBron starts to decline physically and Durant hits his peak. And Durant is clearly the #2 player in the league. He'll get there.

Agreed.

Lebron is better in the post as far as making a move, getting to (or towards) the rack and finishing. Durant's fadeaway game is stronger, imo. Splitting hairs though

I don't think people understand how easy basketball is when you're the best shooter in the league, get any call you want, and also happen to be 7 feet tall. So, yeah, pure physical gifts and star treatment help a lot.

Being the best shooter in the world wasn't given to him at birth.

I don't think people understand how easy basketball is when you're a 6'8/6'9 freight train that's as fast as almost anyone else and you're allowed to travel in the nba. I give lebron all the credit in the world for adding to his game every offseason. He's athletic enough to dominate without possessing a single skill. Becoming a respectable, and now good, jump shooter has made it almost unfair. Durant is a far more skilled scorer though.

I can argue the same for Durant. He's 6'10 with a 7'5 wingspan and has the athletic ability of a 2. No one can contest his jump shot.

And I would agree with you last year that Durant is a better scorer, but LeBron's jumpshot is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more consistent than last year. Let's not forgot the man shot 56.5% this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back