The Atlanta Braves Thread

They clearly are getting unlucky but they have no leadership in the clubhouse. It’s one thing to get unlucky. It’s another to go down 2-0 and see the body language and swing decisions completely shift.
I'd agree with you . . . except with Dansby and Freeman still in ATL in 2021, the exact same thing happened. Bad start, cold bats, terrible vibe.

Reactions: LotteryPick
You can make a claim that AA got lucky, but not because of 2021. I think he did get lucky in that he inherited a team that was closer to competitiveness/better than everybody thought. There wasn't as much roster rebuilding needed due to the emergence of certain guys who were already in the system when he took the job.

IMO he's in a similar spot to Danny White. He's done a great job, but there were a lot of pieces already in place before he got here that have led to success as well.
Randy Boyd.

Randy Boyd.
It's really the whole group. Plowman too.

Boyd might have the most to do with his own success. He was supposedly instrumental in ponying up the dough to keep Barnes when he flirted with UCLA and he gets/has been supportive of NIL. They were all on the same page with the NCAA lawsuit. Things were set up for success but an incompetent crew still could/would have screwed them up.

I see AA made the lineup today
Looks like it. That's about the only lineup that makes sense at this point. Riley definitely needed to drop down. Harris and Ozzie don't have the approach to hit at the top, but there just aren't better options at this point.

So this kinda leads into the HOT Take I mentioned the other night.

AA got lucky in 21, but he's kinda overrated. He's done just as much harm as good.
You’re half right. 21’ was luck and just our time. Winning a WS usually involves a lot of luck tho. Every acquisition he made that year struck gold. That’ll never happen again but he still made the call to bring them in, so credit where due.

But overall I’m not an AA guy at all.

Reactions: zjcvols
You’re half right. 21’ was luck and just our time. Winning a WS usually involves a lot of luck tho. Every acquisition he made that year struck gold. That’ll never happen again but he still made the call to bring them in, so credit where due.

Not being an AA guy is one thing. A lot of people think he sat on some prospects when he could have made moves and should have been more aggressive resigning guys. Saying a guy who has 6 divisions and a WS title has done as much harm as good is a cry for attention.

It might be a bit of an overreaction.
I just feel like he's kinda left some holes without the ability to fill them.

Reactions: Volfan1000
O’s are so good lol. Imagine if Lil Jackson Holliday gives them anything. They’re loaded

Imagine building around elite young hitters and having position player depth. I get it they were bad but still

Reactions: mr.checkerboards

VN Store

Back