The Atlanta Braves Thread

Im sorry guys that’s garbage. When even add the Soler money and create defensive issues if we aren’t doing more???

I like the Soler deal because now you have depth in right field for 2025 since we don't know if Acuna will make it back in time to start the 2025 season.

My guess is that the Braves will move on from Duvall and Rosario after this season.

They will pick up the team option on Big Bear for 2025.

Laureano probably goes back to Gwinnett tomorrow when Soler and Jackson join the team.

Ain't no fan cares about the ****ing luxury tax, how is that even something they feel is a good idea to put out there? Make a move, you bum.

It’s never “how can I make the team better” it’s always “how can I not lose this transaction”.

Sad way to run a baseball team
You are 100% correct, but there are relatively few GMs/ownership groups in pro sports who don't think that way. The vast majority of the financial benefit of owning a professional sports team is simply from owning the team. There are only 30-32 of them in whatever league you're a part of. Closed system, very limited supply. Once you've bought the team, you've already kind of "made it," even if the team is never really all that good on the field under your ownership.

The potential economic benefit to be gained from risk-taking to make the team better isn't really materially different than just doing marginal things (or nothing). Unless you are going to go on a Patriots-like dynastic run or something. It's the same dynamic that keeps a person who is making $15/hour on extended unemployment sitting on the couch rather than going out and working for $17.50/hour. It's not big enough of a benefit to justify the effort in their mind.

Looking at the roster and it’s a great feeling knowing we finally have the SEC size

Also Jordan Ross is already as big as James Pearce. He’s playing this year no doubt

We are legit two deep at every position on the DL for the first time in almost 20 years.

VN Store

Back