The Atlanta Braves Thread

He's not aggressive enough for me.
This spot drop, drop 8 crap sucks
Looks cardboards, here it is homie:

You can’t have this LETHAL offense and a great defense. Ya just can’t.

So you have to make a decision:

do I want a modern fun exciting offense or do I wanna revert to cave man ball executed terribly

Looks cardboards, here it is homie:

You can’t have this LETHAL offense and a great defense. Ya just can’t.

So you have to make a decision:

do I want a modern fun exciting offense or do I wanna revert to cave man ball executed terribly
I support Heup, I trust him. Race us to 70..... Play some aggressive man and maybe create a few turnovers.
The playcalling is my issue, I just don't think you cam have a good D in this league without playing an aggressive mam style and bringing the blitz.
Like LSU did, Like Florida, like Saban played a type of, like Kirby does.

Reactions: Volfan1000
It's not a stats thing for me it's a style. Let's play some aggressive press man and create a few turnovers. SEC QB's pick drop 8 apart all day.
It’s frustrating, sure, but it’s better to make a team pick you apart knowing they have to score to match you, than to bust or get burnt and just give them pressure free points.

It's not a stats thing for me it's a style. Let's play some aggressive press man and create a few turnovers. SEC QB's pick drop 8 apart all day.

They’ve had one dude in three years since he got here that showed any ability to play press man in Alontae. Press man is great when you have NFL CB’s lined up on both sides like Alabama. We haven’t had that.

Reactions: 05_never_again
He hasn't had the corners to play aggressive press man. These days in college it seems like only Bama, UGA, and a couple other teams who have the dawgs to do so play press man consistently.

Banks is fine at the bend but don't break game, which is what defensive football is these days. It's OK to allow yards between the 20s, minimize big plays/play good RZ defense, be opportunistic/force turnovers. It isn't 1997 when you were trying to hold them under 100 yards rushing. "They" want the game to be this way. It's what the rules are now and how it is being officiated.

He hasn't had the corners to play aggressive press man. These days in college it seems like only Bama, UGA, and a couple other teams who have the dawgs to do so play press man consistently.

Banks is fine at the bend but don't break game, which is what defensive football is these days. It's OK to allow yards between the 20s, minimize big plays/play good RZ defense, be opportunistic/force turnovers. It isn't 1997 when you were trying to hold them under 100 yards rushing. "They" want the game to be this way. It's what the rules are now and how it is being officiated.
Doesn't mean I have to like or accept it. I'll always beg for an aggressive style of defense.

They’ve had one dude in three years since he got here that showed any ability to play press man in Alontae. Press man is great when you have NFL CB’s lined up on both sides like Alabama. We haven’t had that.
Bryce Thompson is the best corner to wear orange and I won’t be told otherwise!!!

Reactions: zjcvols
So the defense can’t get better (even though they’ve gotten better each year) because you don’t like the style they play?
I don't think it will ever be good enough to beat a truly Elite UGA or OH ST or even last years Michigan if those coaches take the air out of the ball and play us like Kirby has.
And before anyone says but Bama. 1 Saban tried to win a shootout, 2 Bama was good but they weren't one of those Bama teams, if you get what I'm saying.

Doesn't mean I have to like or accept it. I'll always beg for an aggressive style of defense.
No, you don't, but it seemed like you were saying "we should play a different way" and I was explaining why we (and 90% of the rest of the sport) doesn't play that way.

BTW, Banks actually is pretty aggressive with blitzing and gets creative. I'm not sure I'll ever really understand why he gets the amount of hate that he does.

VN Store

Back