The Atlanta Braves Thread

The way I sit.
Kenley should be in.
Kimberl I could go either way.
Chapman as much as I would like to say no due to his DV issues, and attitude. The velo he brings is just too historic not to.
That's a terrible argument to be in the HOF. Plenty of dudes have thrown hard (Wagner touched 100+ IIRC) and plenty throw hard now.

He's also never posted a 40 save season.

That's a terrible argument to be in the HOF. Plenty of dudes have thrown hard (Wagner touched 100+ IIRC) and plenty throw hard now.

He's also never posted a 40 save season.
I know it's not a good one, but we may never see someone throw as hard as he does for as long as he has again.

The way I sit.
Kenley should be in.
Kimberl I could go either way.
Chapman as much as I would like to say no due to his DV issues, and attitude. The velo he brings is just too historic not to.
How could you say Kenley- yes and Kimbrel- maybe ha

they are almost the same, both should be in

Chapman, no. He sits 20th all-time in saves. Only 5 of the Top 10 are enshrined.

Janson and Kimbrel, MAYBE. They sit 4th and 5th in career saves.

What's crazy is that Mariano has double the career WAR of the rest of the Top 10 closers in saves.

I think Billy Wagner should be in.
Do you think just the number of saves matters as much now? Teams and even the old fogy baseball writers seem to have a more enlightened view of the role of your best reliever now.

I think you put either all 3 in or none of them in. They'll only hold the DV stuff against Chapman if they have some other reason for not liking him; they only hold character stuff against guys the writers don't like.

Do you think just the number of saves matters as much now? Teams and even the old fogy baseball writers seem to have a more enlightened view of the role of your best reliever now.

I think you put either all 3 in or none of them in.
I think it still matters. You can't put the number 20 guy in saves (and a lower WAR) than many of the ones above him.

I think it still matters. You can't put the number 20 guy in saves (and a lower WAR) than many of the ones above him.
...but to what degree? I'm not saying it is totally irrelevant, but if it matters a lot, then you absolutely have to put K-Rod (or John Franco) in, and they are absolutely in no way a HOFers.

We are on a 5 game losing streak and been outscored by 30 runs and this organization is starting Grant Holmes tomorrow. I’m done

Reactions: crazyguy
Grady Sisemore to be the interim White Sox skipper after Pedro Grifol is fired.

White Sox GM says that they will look for a new manager in the off season.

Joc got a 158 wRC+ making $12.5M this year but nah AA had to go be a genius and get Kelenic for $30M in dead money

They’ve unearthed another sneaky pitching prospect in Lucas Braun. Cruising in AA.

7.2 IP, 5 hits, 0 runs, 8 k’s and 20 whiffs last night.

VN Store

Back