The Atlanta Braves Thread

No doubt about it. We all know the die was probably already cast with all the injuries, but it was criminal not to go get a serviceable middle infielder. The outfield problems are injury and depth related. But they knew in May they had a problem at SS. You can't tell me that there hasn't been a 90 OPS+ SS available somewhere for peanuts. They're going to end up giving Arcia 600 ABs when he should have Ben riding the bench 2 months ago.

Paul DeJong makes $4.3M and has put 1.2 WAR at SS this year and the Royals got him for like their 18th best prospect. Inexcusable there wasn't an addition.

I have been disgruntled by many AA moves of late but willingly standing pat with orlando arcia and whit merrifield as your best case scenario was it for me

I was done with AA when he talked after the deadline how important it was to avoid the third tier of the luxury tax after he took almost $30M in dead money for Jarred Kelenic and his 90 OPS+

Paul DeJong makes $4.3M and has put 1.2 WAR at SS this year and the Royals got him for like their 18th best prospect. Inexcusable there wasn't an addition.
Exactly. You don’t need a star. Just somebody who doesn’t go weeks at a time being an automatic out.

Reactions: crazyguy
Exactly. You don’t need a star. Just somebody who doesn’t go weeks at a time being an automatic out.
I said last week. They could have gotten Paul Blackburn, Jesse Winker and Paul DeJong for roughly the same money as bringing in Soler/Jackson without breaking the prospect bank and they're a much better baseball team today than now. But god forbid that #9 prospect for a bottom 10 farm system turn into something!

At this point I kind of hope they finish the season with a losing record. The organization needs to feel a little shame after this abomination of a year.

I just saw this question posed, and I had never thought about it, so I'm curious what the answer is.
Is Aroldis Chapman a hall of famer?

Him, Kenley and Kimbrel all have interesting cases. Chapman helped break the curse but the DV charge against him will hurt some.

Also weird note: All three won a World Series, was the closer for their WS teams and none of them got the last out to clinch it

I just saw this question posed, and I had never thought about it, so I'm curious what the answer is.
Is Aroldis Chapman a hall of famer?
Him, Kenley and Kimbrel all have interesting cases. Chapman helped break the curse but the DV charge against him will hurt some.

Also weird note: All three won a World Series, was the closer for their WS teams and none of them got the last out to clinch it
Chapman, no. He sits 20th all-time in saves. Only 5 of the Top 10 are enshrined.

Janson and Kimbrel, MAYBE. They sit 4th and 5th in career saves.

What's crazy is that Mariano has double the career WAR of the rest of the Top 10 closers in saves.

I think Billy Wagner should be in.

Chapman, no. He sits 20th all-time in saves. Only 5 of the Top 10 are enshrined.

Janson and Kimbrel, MAYBE. They sit 4th and 5th in career saves.

What's crazy is that Mariano has double the career WAR of the rest of the Top 10 closers in saves.

I think Billy Wagner should be in.
The way I sit.
Kenley should be in.
Kimberl I could go either way.
Chapman as much as I would like to say no due to his DV issues, and attitude. The velo he brings is just too historic not to.

VN Store

Back