The Atlanta Braves Thread

These dudes are shocked that Soler can’t play the outfield???? Incredible

I love Jorge but just never made sense. Not LH, can't play the OF, no positional versatility, not a rental. I tried to justify it but after 10 days it was just all-time dumb. If the Giants were selling why not go after Conforto man???

Reactions: Volfan1000
Conforto: Rental, LH, can play either corner spot without killing you, league average career against lefties. The AAV was higher but just give a slightly better prospect and let San Fran eat some of the contract or don't take Luke

The first group up in goal-line pattern-matching work was the same we saw on Wednesday with Jermod McCoy and Rickey Gibson III at cornerback, Boo Carter at Star and Brooks and Turrentine the safeties.

Group looks great outside of Will Brooks who is really going to start

Imagine cooking up a roster that’s fighting with the 2024 Mets and cardinals for the last playoffs spot

I love Jorge but just never made sense. Not LH, can't play the OF, no positional versatility, not a rental. I tried to justify it but after 10 days it was just all-time dumb. If the Giants were selling why not go after Conforto man???
And 16 milly for the next 2 years. I’m crying.

Group looks great outside of Will Brooks who is really going to start

I'm not the smartest tool in the shed but wouldn't we be more talented with McMurray at STAR and then have Carter at safety? Not trying to hate on Brooks but don't love that he would be starting.

Imagine cooking up a roster that’s fighting with the 2024 Mets and cardinals for the last playoffs spot

Crazy the same dude that was smart enough to bring in Reynaldo and Sale is the same dude that took almost $30M in dead money for Jarred Kelenic

I won't hate on the Duvall signing because he was brough in as the 4th OF, but look at the amount of "wasted" PA's the Braves have given this year man.

Arcia- 408 PA's/75 wRC+
Kelenic- 366 PA's/91 wRC+
Duvall- 366 PA's/59 wRC+
Rosario- 84 PA's/22 wRC+
Short- 69 PA's/61 wRC+
Laureano- 58 PA's/89 wRC+
Tromp- 54 PA's/68 wRC+
Wall- 32 PA's/62 wRC+
Merrifield- 24 PA's/79 wRC+

I won't hate on the Duvall signing because he was brough in as the 4th OF, but look at the amount of "wasted" PA's the Braves have given this year man.

Arcia- 408 PA's/75 wRC+
Kelenic- 366 PA's/91 wRC+
Duvall- 366 PA's/59 wRC+
Rosario- 84 PA's/22 wRC+
Short- 69 PA's/61 wRC+
Laureano- 58 PA's/89 wRC+
Tromp- 54 PA's/68 wRC+
Wall- 32 PA's/62 wRC+
Merrifield- 24 PA's/79 wRC+

They all suck.

These dudes are shocked that Soler can’t play the outfield???? Incredible

Here's the other question that I have. If the Braves were willing to live with Soler's defense in RF, who is terrible...why not throw Ozuna in LF and then DH/C with Murphy and TDA? I know Ozuna's arm is shot but he has as much range as Soler. Why were we giving PA's to Rosario/Wall/Laureano/Duvall every day when they could have tried Ozuna in LF first before trading for Soler?

Reactions: Volfan1000
I'm not the smartest tool in the shed but wouldn't we be more talented with McMurray at STAR and then have Carter at safety? Not trying to hate on Brooks but don't love that he would be starting.
McMurray is going to be rotating at CB and Boo needs to be roaming around. But yes, someone needs to step up over Brooks

Reactions: zjcvols
I have been disgruntled by many AA moves of late but willingly standing pat with orlando arcia and whit merrifield as your best case scenario was it for me
No doubt about it. We all know the die was probably already cast with all the injuries, but it was criminal not to go get a serviceable middle infielder. The outfield problems are injury related. But they’ve known there was an issue at SS since Dansby left. They got away with it last year, but it was evident by mid-May he wasn’t a long term answer. You can't tell me that there hasn't been a 90 OPS+ SS available somewhere for peanuts. They're going to end up giving Arcia 600 ABs when he should have been riding the bench 2 months ago.

VN Store

Back