The Atlanta Braves Thread

Hey thanks for reaching out...... I'm good and my family is too, my dad had called there were a bunch of trees down near him and he wanted to go cut them up so we've been out helping with that.

I will ask for those who pray.... I've got a childhood friend, we lived 2 doors down from each other, we used to run our neighborhood together. Her husband left the VA in Asheville about 1 this afternoon, he hasn't made it back yet, and she can't get hold of him. There are 3 kids in the family, if anyone could say a prayer it would be appreciated.
Lifting that up right now brother. Keep us posted.

So essentially, assuming San Diego holds on tonight, is this…

Braves win next 2
Dbacks get swept
Mets win 1 game

Braves 89
Mets 88
Dbacks 88

That way we don’t play Monday at all

Reactions: TBrown
So essentially, assuming San Diego holds on tonight, is this…

Braves win next 2
Dbacks get swept
Mets win 1 game

Braves 89
Mets 88
Dbacks 88

That way we don’t play Monday at all

Also if the Dbacks, Mets and Braves all get to 89, the Dbacks would be eliminated since they lose both tiebreakers. We wouldn’t need Monday’s game. Worst case scenario for the Braves (except lose the next 2, Mets win the next 2) would be this IMO:

Braves 89
Dbacks 88
Mets 87

Because then you have to at least play one game on Monday (if Manfred was a real man he’d make Dbacks/Mets play each other Monday instead. Coward).

The good news with the the results today is the Braves cannot be eliminated this weekend. They get a chance Monday no matter what.

Also if the Dbacks, Mets and Braves all get to 89, the Dbacks would be eliminated since they lose both tiebreakers. We wouldn’t need Monday’s game. Worst case scenario for the Braves (except lose the next 2, Mets win the next 2) would be this IMO:

Braves 89
Dbacks 88
Mets 87

Because then you have to at least play one game on Monday (if Manfred was a real man he’d make Dbacks/Mets play each other Monday instead. Coward).

The good news with the the results today is the Braves cannot be eliminated this weekend. They get a chance Monday no matter what.
Games didn’t matter tho

Games didn’t matter tho
I’m making one more post on this and then moving on cause this is why I don’t discuss ball anymore in here.

If the Braves had lost last night, they would still be one (1) game behind the mets with two (2) games left against the mets. The Braves control their own destiny in any scenario. The Braves are capable of winning games Chris sale does not pitch, especially at home against the royals. The mets are capable of losing to anyone. The diamondbacks are capable of losing to anyone. The royals were going to (and have now) clinch a playoff spot without winning a game this weekend. The royals are pulling their starters for the next two and likely resting some regulars as well. The Braves are likely to sweep the royals just by breathing. These were all very logical scenarios to play out.

If you and @zjcvols hadn’t spent so much time crying about Chris Sale not pitching, you would have been able to appreciate a very rested Chris sale starting G1 of the playoffs as the most likely outcome.

Have a good day.

Reactions: raw dog
Hey thanks for reaching out...... I'm good and my family is too, my dad had called there were a bunch of trees down near him and he wanted to go cut them up so we've been out helping with that.

I will ask for those who pray.... I've got a childhood friend, we lived 2 doors down from each other, we used to run our neighborhood together. Her husband left the VA in Asheville about 1 this afternoon, he hasn't made it back yet, and she can't get hold of him. There are 3 kids in the family, if anyone could say a prayer it would be appreciated.
Praying brother. Any news here?

I’m making one more post on this and then moving on cause this is why I don’t discuss ball anymore in here.

If the Braves had lost last night, they would still be one (1) game behind the mets with two (2) games left against the mets. The Braves control their own destiny in any scenario. The Braves are capable of winning games Chris sale does not pitch, especially at home against the royals. The mets are capable of losing to anyone. The diamondbacks are capable of losing to anyone. The royals were going to (and have now) clinch a playoff spot without winning a game this weekend. The royals are pulling their starters for the next two and likely resting some regulars as well. The Braves are likely to sweep the royals just by breathing. These were all very logical scenarios to play out.

If you and @zjcvols hadn’t spent so much time crying about Chris Sale not pitching, you would have been able to appreciate a very rested Chris sale starting G1 of the playoffs as the most likely outcome.

Have a good day.
IMG_6057.gif

VN Store

Back