The Atlanta Braves Thread

Just a potential interesting development

You're the Braves and Mets. Braves sweep, Mets win 2/3, Diamondbacks lose 2/3. Braves & Mets are automatically in. Both Braves and Mets at 89 wins with Braves 6-5 regular season advantage.

If you're the Mets, wouldn't you rather concede the 5 seed, not have to travel, have a fresh bullpen and play the Brewers in Milwaukee again?

And if you are the Braves, would you rather get a head start out west and take on the Padres with a fresh bullpen? Or make the Mets travel for the DH? I'd much rather have the 1st option.

Reactions: Volfan1000

You're the Braves and Mets. Braves sweep, Mets win 2/3, Diamondbacks lose 2/3. Braves & Mets are automatically in. Both Braves and Mets at 89 wins with Braves 6-5 regular season advantage.

If you're the Mets, wouldn't you rather concede the 5 seed, not have to travel, have a fresh bullpen and play the Brewers in Milwaukee again?

And if you are the Braves, would you rather get a head start out west and take on the Padres with a fresh bullpen? Or make the Mets travel for the DH? I'd much rather have the 1st option.
I'd rather play Miluwakee. Their offense isn't great. Slam Diego can get hot a be a problem.

I imagine in this scenario manfred would step in and give the Braves the 5 and the Mets the 6.

The Monday DH will only be played if necessary. If the dbacks fall off in wouldn’t really seem the DH necessary. The Braves would assuredly mail it in.

Reactions: zjcvols
The only good news about playing Monday is if necessary, if the Braves get in, especially if they play San Diego, they will assuredly get the late night spot and probably a primetime spot against the Brewers

VN Store

Back