The "Back In My Day" Thread

Back in my day Joe Paterno said he was going to "come down here and show those southern boys how to play football". Bobby Majors had a thing or two to say about that!

Reactions: 5 people
Back in my day, Fulmer would completely freak out during Florida week and we'd lose... But the rest of the season was pretty much a gimme.

Nail meet hammer! That's exactly what Majors did for the Bama games....ugh. Mostly I'll credit Spurrier for just outcoaching us and PLAYING TO WIN. Several times we had as good or better talent and lost.

Reactions: 1 person
Back in the day the defense could do anything except touch the offensive player and not be called for offsides or neutral zone infraction

Back in my day if you got a stinger the coach would tell you to keep your ass on the field cuz back in my day that's how we learned to shake it off and keep moving. Cuz back in my day we didn't belly ache and moan cuz back in my day coaches told you to man up and stop being a pussy.

Back then, grizz wouldn't hit it.

we used to teach putting our helmet on the DB's knee...

dislocated my finger tackling the punt returner, coach P popped it back in place and sent me right back in, waited to half time to put a piece of tape on it.

Back in my day if you got a stinger the coach would tell you to keep your ass on the field cuz back in my day that's how we learned to shake it off and keep moving. Cuz back in my day we didn't belly ache and moan cuz back in my day coaches told you to man up and stop being a pussy.

Back in my day Grizz would hit it, with or without a stinger.

Oh wait.

Back in the day Marsha Brady couldn't catch a football

nose-o.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Back in the day........ listening to games on the radio with my Dad, He would cuss Majors for his play calls for this and that.I was always confused. Exciting times, then and since.GBO

Back in my day, I almost got thrown through the ceiling by my dad when Florida missed that field goal, and the again on the arky fumble

In the absence of television, John Ward transformed the "greensward of Shields-Watkins Field" into a magical wanderland, even for adults, where gridiron giants, clad in orange and white, slew a legion of red elephants, lizards, bulldawgs, tigers and even an occasional Nittany Lion or Golden Domer.

Reactions: 4 people
we used to teach putting our helmet on the DB's knee...

dislocated my finger tackling the punt returner, coach P popped it back in place and sent me right back in, waited to half time to put a piece of tape on it.

You mean, back in the day when you climbed out of the pile and popped your own finger back in 'cause you didn't want to be pulled off the field.:rock2:

VN Store

Back