The DeSantis containment thread -- all things DeSantis go here

There's a significant difference which is that rabies isn't contagious. If you live alone and have no contact with others at all, you have a fine argument.

But if your catching covid creates risk for others, it's a more complicated question.

If the "others" are vaccinated they should be good. That is unless the vaccine doesn't work.

There's a significant difference which is that rabies isn't contagious. If you live alone and have no contact with others at all, you have a fine argument.

But if your catching covid creates risk for others, it's a more complicated question.

Pretty contagious if you develop it and get around other mammals.

Reactions: norrislakevol

While I responded about the rabies, that was not the point of my post. It was about risk assessment by individuals. You are obviously terrified by covid and will get jabbed as many times as the government tells you to.

I am not. The numbers, and my health profile, do not indicate I have much to fear.

While I responded about the rabies, that was not the point of my post. It was about risk assessment by individuals. You are obviously terrified by covid and will get jabbed as many times as the government tells you to.

I am not. The numbers, and my health profile, do not indicate I have much to fear.

A number of people have said that. Some have been fatally wrong.

Get the jab. Not a big deal and you aren't being disloyal to Trump, he got it too.

But the so called "vaccine" for COVID (really just a therapeutic) doesn't prevent you from catching COVID and spreading it to others, so what's the point in taking it unless you have co-morbidities or are older? Doesn't make much sense to me, particularly for younger healthy people to take it, but I guess it's their choice.

Shouldn’t the need to protect yourself be on you, not on 3rd parties?

When it comes to the issue of wearing masks, shouldn't "freedom of choice" also extend to those people who choose to wear a mask, or does that particular "choice" only work in one direction?

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...or-admonishes-students-for-wearing-face-masks

Analysis: Ron DeSantis just yelled at high school students for wearing masks - CNNPolitics

https://www.kristv.com/news/florida-gov-desantis-berates-kids-for-wearing-masks

^^^^ More evidence that it really isn't a choice that Gov. Ron DeSantis wants Floridians to have. Gov. DeSantis simply wants everyone to do what he does.

Last edited:
When it comes to the issue of wearing masks, shouldn't "freedom of choice" also extend to those people who choose to wear a mask, or does that particular "choice" only work in one direction?

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...or-admonishes-students-for-wearing-face-masks

Analysis: Ron DeSantis just yelled at high school students for wearing masks - CNNPolitics

^^^^ More evidence that it really isn't a choice that Gov. Ron DeSantis wants Floridians to have. Gov. DeSantis simply wants everyone to do what he does.
Desantis would be a great president.

Desantis would be a great president.
That subject is not addressed in the post that you replied to.

At issue here ....

For Republicans / Conservatives / Trump Supporters in this forum :

Does "freedom of choice" apply equally to both choices? Or does this particular freedom only cover those people who are making the same "choice" that you have made?

That subject is not addressed in the post that you replied to.

At issue here ....

For Republicans / Conservatives / Trump Supporters in this forum :

Does "freedom of choice" apply equally to both choices? Or does this particular freedom only cover those people who are making the same "choice" that you have made?
Lol! So?

Not really. It happens here all the time. I did get a good chuckle out of your “answer me dammit!” demand though. Thanks for that.
I won't get an answer because the truth is .... it's not really a choice that Gov. Ron DeSantis wants the people of Florida to have. Gov. DeSantis wants the people of Florida to do what he does, or else they are doing something wrong. That's not a freedom of choice.

I won't get an answer because the truth is .... it's not really a choice that Gov. Ron DeSantis wants the people of Florida to have. Gov. DeSantis wants the people of Florida to do what he does, or else they are doing something wrong. That's not a freedom of choice.
Ok…

I don't see an issue. He said you can wear it but you look stupid. It's the truth that these young people have been so brainwashed even when the science now admits they're useless.

He used my son's class for a similar stunt last year and I was ok with that as well

Reactions: Ttucke11
I don't see an issue. He said you can wear it but you look stupid. It's the truth that these young people have been so brainwashed even when the science now admits they're useless.

He used my son's class for a similar stunt last year and I was ok with that as well
He really shouldn’t have berated the kids if that’s what he really did. I didn’t watch the video I just read the article but there really wasn’t anything to benefit from that. But on the list of things to piss people off this doesn’t even make the “do I want to think later on if I even care about this?” list.

So you agree that the covid vaccines should have been a personal choice as well right? And there should have been no consequences if someone chose not to get it? Right?

Reactions: StarRaider

VN Store

Back