The disney insanity continues

I do it all the time. Have avoided Disney as much as possible for the last 30 years. Have dropped any number of companies that have taken stances I believe to be opposed to values I hold dear as much as possible. Cannot say I've been anywhere near perfect it on, but more than one has received a letter explaining why we no longer do business with them. I know my business is like a gnat's fart in a hurricane to them, but I sleep better.

If you're saying I advocate Florida should punish Disney based on politics, I'm not sure how you draw that conclusion based on this:

"Again, I'm not advocating Florida do anything of the sort, ... "

I will allow, however, a shot across the bows for blatant hypocrisy such as Disney's I would not lose any sleep over.

It sure sounded like it. I drew that conclusion based upon this.

Why doesn't Florida do something like what China could conceivably do if Disney announced they were against Chinese, ahem, current proclivities towards genocide, etc. Just add a nice fat tax, say, $100/day per ticket to Disney World attractions. What would Disney do?

Quite literally nobody has advocated for that you dishonest prick.
Oh no? Don't say gay is all the rage with you liberal hacks. The only thing this bill does is prohibit anyone in the school system to talk to little kids about their sexual feelings. If you think that is wrong you're a pervert.

Oh no? Don't say gay is all the rage with you liberal hacks. The only thing this bill does is prohibit anyone in the school system to talk to little kids about their sexual feelings. If you think that is wrong you're a pervert.

That is not all the bill does and it has a thread dedicated to it. You got the dishonesty thing down pat though.

Damaging Disney is not in Florida's best interest either.

57,000 jobs in florida
5.8 Billion in annual state taxes paid.
Total economic impact is 75 Billion per year

Just the sales tax from only ticket sales is more than 400M per year.
Ho Lee Cash Cow, Batman

Reactions: GroverCleveland
Maybe if Disney would stay out of politics, there wouldn't be any reason for the state and Disney to be hostile to one another. I'm quite sure that Disney isn't going anywhere in Florida.

I have no problems with Disney or any other corporation expressing political views and even supporting political movements. But as pointed out earlier Disney and many other corporations don’t put their money where their mouth is when it comes to China.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
I have no problems with Disney or any other corporation expressing political views and even supporting political movements. But as pointed out earlier Disney and many other corporations don’t put their money where their mouth is when it comes to China.
I really don't GAF about China and what Disney does there or anywhere else. If they want to be judgmental in the US, then they can judge the rest of the world along with it. I'm pretty sure that most of the country is sick and tired of the left liberalism trying to rule the country.

It sure sounded like it. I drew that conclusion based upon this.

Which was explained in several posts that I believe you responded to, so I have to assume you actually read them. Geez man, it was hypothetical question. NO WHERE DID I SAY I ADVOCATED IT, in fact, quite the opposite I specifically stated multiple times I do not.

Good Lord! No wonder it is hard as hell to get along with liberals.

Reactions: VolStrom
WATCH: Megyn Kelly Reacts to Disney executive, Warns Parents to 'beware' of 'agenda'

Reacting to Disney General Entertainment Content President Karey Burke's words in a leaked video, Megyn Kelly called her "totally unnecessary and out of line,” adding, "I don’t want you to work out your wokeism on my kid!"

During her podcast, The Megyn Kelly Show, on Wednesday, she said, "Do a movie that teaches tolerance, kindness, support for your fellow human beings. Don’t shove two-spirit people, which by the way is not a thing, and pansexual, I had to look it up … so you’re [bisexual] I guess. That’s not a thing. That’s already a thing. They already have a letter."

"We owe a debt of gratitude to Karey Burke for being so explicit about their plans and to certainly Chris Rufo for letting us all know about them," she added. "Beware. You beware. Don’t put a Disney movie on in front of your kid before you fully come to understand what it’s going to be promoting, who’s gonna be starring, and what agenda they’re pushing.”

Kelly added, "They’re no longer the Disney of yesterday.”

WATCH: Megyn Kelly reacts to Disney executive, warns parents to 'beware' of 'agenda'

Reactions: Vol423
Disney has catered to the LGBT community for well over 30 years.

Walt Disney was rumored to be gay.

Not sure what the “Disney of yesterday” looked like.

Gay Disney Employee Rips company's Stance on Florida bill: 'Disney does Not speak for me'

Critics wrongly 'thought the bill was attacking gay people,' Disney employee says

A gay Disney employee trashed the company over its opposition to the Parental Rights in Education bill recently signed into law by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, saying the company "does not speak" for him.

Gary Lucia spoke out on Disney’s opposition to the bill, saying through his experience as a gay man that he understood his fellow LGBT coworkers' feelings about the bill when they heard the "Don’t Say Gay" bill had been passed.

Lucia then pointed out that the bill doesn’t use the word "gay" at all and called the messaging against the bill pushed by the Magic Kingdom a "Trojan horse."

Gay Disney employee rips company's stance on Florida bill: 'Disney does not speak for me'

Self explanatory. You said they've been alphabet inclusive over 30 years. Obviously that means their current overly aggressive wokeness is due to something else.

No it doesn’t.

Disney was woke before everyone wore out the term woke. They haven’t changed.

VN Store

Back