The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Wow Aggie beside me just glanced over. I kept my headphones in.. and a positive update, Carla just had a mild case of the runs. Probably the burritos she ate in the airport.

Still think you should flash them the hook ā€˜em hand signal. I thought about doing that during the home football game against the Aggies last year, but their fans were much larger than me (including the women).

You are savage Volpack. Iā€™ve always loved this about you.

There is nobody better with quick witted comebacks than VP22.
I have always wondered what if I decided to take up stand up comedy. I am quick on my feet but I do not do well in front of crowds. I remember in middle school they required us to do a presentation in front of every class in my grade level and I told them at the time the assignment was given that I was not doing that and would be happy to write out my presentation. They said I couldnā€™t do that and had to present. Whenever the day came they called my name to come up I told them I wasnā€™t presenting. They must have thought I was joking but I legitimately do not do well with public speaking like that. I can carry on conversations with people in small groups but there is just something about speaking in large crowds that makes me want to crawl into a hole.

I have always wondered what if I decided to take up stand up comedy. I am quick on my feet but I do not do well in front of crowds. I remember in middle school they required us to do a presentation in front of every class in my grade level and I told them at the time the assignment was given that I was not doing that and would be happy to write out my presentation. They said I couldnā€™t do that and had to present. Whenever the day came they called my name to come up I told them I wasnā€™t presenting. They must have thought I was joking but I legitimately do not do well with public speaking like that. I can carry on conversations with people in small groups but there is just something about speaking in large crowds that makes me want to crawl into a hole.
It's called stage fright and we all have it. Once I got up & got going w/my speech the better I went along. It's just overcoming the nerves we all have in our stomachs at first.

Last edited:
I have a feeling once you got started you would do great, but yeah it can be scary and overwhelming at first.

VN Store

Back