The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

You know I don't give a rat's ass about the NBA or any player (except former Vol players).
It kind of impacts a Vol player (Knecht) since he was drafted to the same team. Are they going to get onto Knecht harder than they would Bronny? I guess we will find out.

That loser has a kid that plays basketball. Who knew? I haven't watched the NBA since Michael Jordan retired the final time.
Yeah he is not a good player imo. If you couldn’t cut it at USC then what makes you think you will do anything substantial in the NBA.

It kind of impacts a Vol player (Knecht) since he was drafted to the same team. Are they going to get onto Knecht harder than they would Bronny? I guess we will find out.
Obviously harder in DK, Reddick will expect more contribution from him. Bronny is a cheerleader next season.

@BruisedOrange: But you can always do a lot of listening.

Reminder: I have two parents and was an only child. I didn't really realize how special my parents were until a new brand friend of mine had dinner with us.

After dinner he said, "I really like you parents because they actually listened to me and didn't talk over me and didn't offer advice until I asked for it" I actually tested it to see if they were only half listening waiting for me to finish a thought and them tell me what I should be thinking but they didn't do that. It's soooo different than my parents."

I was confused because I thought, why wouldn't they listen to him, so I asked him what do you talk about at dinner. He said, "not much because I don't like telling them much of anything because it always turns into a lecture of what I should have done or how I should be thinking. When they ask how was school, I answer with good or fine or it was okay because if I saw much else I end up being lectured.

A couple years later I sit down for lunch at the nerd-jock table in high school and asked what's the topic and someone said Marc was telling us how awesome your parents are that they actually listen to him and that they are pretty much his go to adults to get advice from. Marc went on and on how dinner lasts an hour to an hour and a half, no cell phones or tech allowed anywhere near where they eat too and .... it's just so pleasant, it really is.

My point is, my parents taught me by example the power of listening and I think it's why I have no problem having interesting conversations with most people by asking open ended questions and listening. For example a common question I ask people much older than I am is, "If you could do some things a little bit different in your life, what would those be?"

I have learned sooooo much just by asking a question like that and then listening because everyone has a story to tell and I like to listen and learn and then a bunch of questions based on what they said.
I’m an old person and the one thing I would do different would be to aim a little better at the Ole Miss game.

VN Store

Back