The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Let the grumping and griping begin. Best ones yet, IMO.

View attachment 658344
Never will understand why individuals get so riled up over Uniform choices. The objective is to win, I could careless what Uniform the team wears.

That goes for every team I pull for.

Reactions: Halph66
Way out of touch with Braves this year due to not watching MOST of their games due to Comcast/Bally falling out. Are they still trying to catch the Phil’s or just posturing for the wildcard?

Any healing arms to change those dynamics out there. Miss all the GM and minors news not getting the games.

Thanks.
The organization would probably tell you they are still fighting for the division but the reality is they are closer to the Mets in the standings than they are the Phillies. If I were the GM I don’t care what the asking price is for Crochet, I make that deal ASAP to give us the best opportunity at winning ballgames. We already have the 2nd best ERA in the majors and Sale, Lopez, and Fried show no signs of slowing down. Adding another elite arm would solidify the staff as a championship level staff. The offense has improved somewhat from the horrible start to the season but it is still not up to expectation and Acuña won’t be back until sometime next year so unless they make a deal for another bat the offense is just going to be what it is. Ozuna is the only everyday player that is an All Star. He has played at a MVP level and has been responsible for us even being as close as we are in the standings. Without him we are probably tied with the Mets and about 12-13 games out of 1st and not holding onto the top wildcard spot. This comes one year after we had the entire infield voted in to be starters. The team slugging percentage is the lowest it has been since 2016. And it was even worse whenever Acuña was in the lineup so you can’t blame it on his injury. Something just isn’t right with the hitting this year. We have WAY too much talent in the lineup to be hitting like this.

Reactions: knoxvol52
If you have any guys around close by that teach, baseball lessons.

I played nothing but rec league baseball, then once I got to middle school/Farragut, I realized I needed to be a litttttttttle bit better to compete with those guys.

Now, like you said, he’s nine and never played….rec ball wouldn’t be a bad starting point to see if he even likes the game before throwing money at lessons/ travel ball.
Yeah travel ball would be a waste of money for beginner level. From experience in travel ball, most of those kids are well seasoned and you don’t want to ruin the kids psyche before he even has a chance to truly learn the game.

I’ve got a just turned nine year old who wants to play baseball next spring. Neither of us has ever played competitively. Anyone have any tips/resources to prepare him well? He’s got a bat and balls and a glove, and we’ve got a diamond nearby we can use
Like @gnm53108 mentioned, fall ball. For home, get a T and a bunch of balls to practice swings. You can get a portable net (that folds down small) he can hit into, or when you get tired chasing the balls down.

They’re probably some good videos on youtube to help you out with teaching.

Most importantly, have fun spending time with your kid.

Yeah travel ball would be a waste of money for beginner level. From experience in travel ball, most of those kids are well seasoned and you don’t want to ruin the kids psyche before he even has a chance to truly learn the game.
I completely agree.

Started at 5, played rec ball till I was 10-11.

Once I hit 5th grade I started playing travel baseball to get ready for the middle school team.

Once I hit high school, those 4 years I played with summer teams that only went to Perfect Game events.

Elementary = dipping toes
End of Elementary = getting ready for tougher competition, travel ball (started taking lessons here)
Middle School
= Travel Ball
8th grade - 12th grade = perfect game teams / showcases

Reactions: knoxvol52
Let the grumping and griping begin. Best ones yet, IMO.

View attachment 658344
I like them. They are called alternate uniforms for a reason. They aren’t the main orange and white but a nice mixup. I am still petitioning for the Vols baseball script logo to appear on an alternate football uniform. This would have been a great year to do it coming off a national championship.

Ok so I rode the Pedro Cerrano avatar all season and it paid huge dividends, culminating in a national championship. Need recommendations for football season so we can break that curse.

Any Given Sunday
Remember the Titans
The Waterboy
The Longest Yard
Varsity Blues
Little Giants
Jerry Maguire
Friday Night Lights

Any others I am missing off the top of my head.

The organization would probably tell you they are still fighting for the division but the reality is they are closer to the Mets in the standings than they are the Phillies. If I were the GM I don’t care what the asking price is for Crochet, I make that deal ASAP to give us the best opportunity at winning ballgames. We already have the 2nd best ERA in the majors and Sale, Lopez, and Fried show no signs of slowing down. Adding another elite arm would solidify the staff as a championship level staff. The offense has improved somewhat from the horrible start to the season but it is still not up to expectation and Acuña won’t be back until sometime next year so unless they make a deal for another bat the offense is just going to be what it is. Ozuna is the only everyday player that is an All Star. He has played at a MVP level and has been responsible for us even being as close as we are in the standings. Without him we are probably tied with the Mets and about 12-13 games out of 1st and not holding onto the top wildcard spot. This comes one year after we had the entire infield voted in to be starters. The team slugging percentage is the lowest it has been since 2016. And it was even worse whenever Acuña was in the lineup so you can’t blame it on his injury. Something just isn’t right with the hitting this year. We have WAY too much talent in the lineup to be hitting like this.
Thanks, like I said uninformed due to lack of daily exposure.

What assets would tempt the Crochet trade to take place?

Guess from afar I will be hoping for SOME of the guys so productive the last couple of years to return to form and join Ozuna.

Don’t think I qualify as a Braves fan, I have pretty high standards for that status for any team. But I seriously follow them as a favorite in THAT sport. My old access thru Bally really helped. I don’t have an NFL team I consistently follow. Last few post Peyton years I have followed KC due to amount of coverage and enjoy watching that coach/QB tandem. Hoping another Vol excels in leadership and draws me to jump on board. HH would suit me fine.

Thanks, like I said uninformed due to lack of daily exposure.

What assets would tempt the Crochet trade to take place?

Guess from afar I will be hoping for SOME of the guys so productive the last couple of years to return to form and join Ozuna.

Don’t think I qualify as a Braves fan, I have pretty high standards for that status for any team. But I seriously follow them as a favorite in THAT sport. My old access thru Bally really helped. I don’t have an NFL team I consistently follow. Last few post Peyton years I have followed KC due to amount of coverage and enjoy watching that coach/QB tandem. Hoping another Vol excels in leadership and draws me to jump on board. HH would suit me fine.
Depends on what the White Sox want. They suck on offense and pitching so they would probably want 2 of our 3 top pitching prospects and our top position prospect. Even then, that may not be enough because the trade market isn’t that great this year and the price is going to be pretty high. Probably would end up having to part with 4 top 10 prospects.

Lot of contenders will be going after Crochet, the price will not be cheap but you also get 2 more years of team control so it's worth it. Also Chicago wants a package deal which includes Luis Roberts Jr. And Paul DeJeong.

Never will understand why individuals get so riled up over Uniform choices. The objective is to win, I could careless what Uniform the team wears.

That goes for every team I pull for.
You must not have seen the SD Padres 😂 uniform colors in last night's game?
If I comment on their choice of "colors" any more it's a chance I get an 8 hr ban.

Ok so I rode the Pedro Cerrano avatar all season and it paid huge dividends, culminating in a national championship. Need recommendations for football season so we can break that curse.

Any Given Sunday
Remember the Titans
The Waterboy
The Longest Yard
Varsity Blues
Little Giants
Jerry Maguire
Friday Night Lights

Any others I am missing off the top of my head.
North Dallas 40

If you have any guys around close by that teach, baseball lessons.

I played nothing but rec league baseball, then once I got to middle school/Farragut, I realized I needed to be a litttttttttle bit better to compete with those guys.

Now, like you said, he’s nine and never played….rec ball wouldn’t be a bad starting point to see if he even likes the game before throwing money at lessons/ travel ball.

My kids played in Farragut little league, never played travel ball. My older son tried out for Farragut middle for fun. I was a little worried about it, but he did pretty well, maybe even good enough to get close to the cut. But yeah, it was clear a lot of those kids had been training since birth, which is good for our admirals!

My kids played in Farragut little league, never played travel ball. My older son tried out for Farragut middle for fun. I was a little worried about it, but he did pretty well, maybe even good enough to get close to the cut. But yeah, it was clear a lot of those kids had been training since birth, which is good for our admirals!
Coach Braden still with the middle school team?

VN Store

Back