The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Mets are 1st, Dodgers are 2nd, Yankees are 3rd, Braves are 4th, Astros are 5th in estimated payroll after taxes. Mets and Dodgers combined have nearly $200M over the tax threshold. The rest of the league combined is at that number. Orioles are 28th and $121M away from even reaching the tax threshold. I’m sorry if you don’t see that through your blue colored lenses but it’s a problem that needs to be addressed.
The Orioles are on borrowed time with Henderson and Rutschmann.
Both of those guys are on 1 year deals, for app $760k, if I remember right.
Eventually those 2 are going to get paid!
Not too mention the tons of other really good, young players they have accumulated, like Heston Kjerstad.

The Orioles are on borrowed time with Henderson and Rutschmann.
Both of those guys are on 1 year deals, for app $760k, if I remember right.
Eventually those 2 are going to get paid!
Not too mention the tons of other really good, young players they have accumulated, like Heston Kjerstad.
If the O’s are serious about winning, they will pay the core of their team, to ensure they stay in Baltimore, luxury tax be damned!

Individuals pissing and moaning about Professional teams buying what players the need and want, are the same individuals who believe NIL in college sports is leveling the playing field.

Really ask smaller schools whose players are getting poached by the bigger Universities, doesn't look like a level playing field to those schools.

Smaller Universities equals small market professional teams.

Or maybe the Braves and their cheap ass GM should go out and get the players they need to win a Championship, like every other contender will do. The Orioles are after Skubal as well after acquiring Corbin Burnes this season.

Don't care about losing a first round draft pick, 17 freaking rounds in MLB draft.

Nobody cares about the Luxury tax..
IMG_7808.gif

Individuals pissing and moaning about Professional teams buying what players the need and want, are the same individuals who believe NIL in college sports is leveling the playing field.

Really ask smaller schools whose players are getting poached by the bigger Universities, doesn't look like a level playing field to those schools.

Smaller Universities equals small market professional teams.
College players don’t sign contracts like the pros do. They can transfer on an annual basis. Pros can’t do that if they are under contract. There aren’t balanced schedules like the pros play. There isn’t a steadfast playoff system that works for the entire sport like the pros. You get it based on other humans determining if you are worthy or not. Whenever it comes to NIL, the NCAA has been running an illegal business for years and it caught up to them. You are comparing apples to cantaloupe.

College players don’t sign contracts like the pros do. They can transfer on an annual basis. Pros can’t do that if they are under contract. There aren’t balanced schedules like the pros play. There isn’t a steadfast playoff system that works for the entire sport like the pros. You get it based on other humans determining if you are worthy or not. Whenever it comes to NIL, the NCAA has been running an illegal business for years and it caught up to them. You are comparing apples to cantaloupe.
Now whose wearing the colored glasses.

IDGAD what people's opinions of the teams I pull for are. For future references I only worry about the teams I pull for and everyone else worry about theirs. I will keep the Dodgers and Cowboys opinions to myself.

Vols site.

IDGAD what people's opinions of the teams I pull for are. For future references I only worry about the teams I pull for and everyone else worry about theirs. I will keep the Dodgers and Cowboys opinions to myself.

Vols site.
I also don’t give a damn about other people’s opinions of the teams I pull for. I’m just being real about how MLB operates.

Vols site.
Whoa whoa whoa! While I can’t necessarily get behind your cowboys, I do love MLB and enjoy talking Dodgers with you.
Unfortunately a couple of guys that I really like to follow, play for the Dodgers.
😞😜

I absolutely despise what NIL has become, not necessarily that players are getting paid, just in the Wild Wild West way that it’s going down, with no governance.
Now MLB on the other hand...
I’m just jealous because the Mets tried to buy a championship last season and failed miserably!!😂
My Braves are good for a few years though, so I do have that going for me.
And yes, when all is said and done, I do expect them to make some noise THIS season, and be back in contention next season.
Honestly, if they do sneak into the playoffs, I wouldn’t want to play them if I’m one of the division winners.

I absolutely despise what NIL has become, not necessarily that players are getting paid, just in the Wild Wild West way that it’s going down, with no governance.
Now MLB on the other hand...
I’m just jealous because the Mets tried to buy a championship last season and failed miserably!!😂
My Braves are good for a few years though, so I do have that going for me.
And yes, when all is said and done, I do expect them to make some noise THIS season, and be back in contention next season.
Honestly, if they do sneak into the playoffs, I wouldn’t want to play them if I’m one of the division winners.
I don’t expect the Braves to make any noise this season. They will probably get into the playoffs with the high quality pitching they are getting this year but the offense is just not good enough. There would have to be a drastic turnaround in the second half. Who knows, maybe the all star break was much needed for a lot of the guys and they come out like gangbusters but I just don’t see it happeneing.

Meanwhile back at the Ranch.

I could see the Vols going 10-2 or 8-4 depends on bounce of the pigskin ..

Nico is really good but he has played only one true game as everyone should know Nico will have at least on stinker this coming season, it's Science.

Georgia-Loss
Alabama -Toss up
Oklahoma -Toss up
Missouri- Toss up.

This should be fun.

You have 6 championships to divide amongst your favorite sports teams, how would you split them up?
I’m spreading the wealth with my teams. The only reason I’m not listing Tennessee Baseball and the Lakers is because we just won one in baseball and the Lakers have enough championships for a lifetime.

Tennessee Football
Tennessee Men’s Basketball
Tennessee Women’s Basketball
Tennessee Softball
Tennessee Titans
Atlanta Braves

Whoa whoa whoa! While I can’t necessarily get behind your cowboys, I do love MLB and enjoy talking Dodgers with you.
Unfortunately a couple of guys that I really like to follow, play for the Dodgers.
😞😜
Only Vols Sports topics for me from now on, thanks in advance.

Will a 8-4 SEC team get into CFP before a 9-3 ACC team or Big 12 team?
I don’t see a path for an 8-4 team from any conference making it in outside of winning the conference championship. They would put a 9-3 FSU, Clemson, or Miami in if they played for the ACC championship. They would view a team playing in the conference championship as more deserving than a middle of the road SEC team.

VN Store

Back