The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Without looking, my personal three would be Peyton Manning, Candace Parker, and Monica Abbott. Monica Abbott isn’t talked about much but she is one of the great pitchers of all-time. We all know how great she was at UT but taking into account for Team USA only, she has some absurd statistics:

28-1 overall record
3-0 Olympic record
46 games played
24 starts
12 complete games
7 shutouts
8 saves
181.2 IP
71 hits allowed
11 ER
29 BB
325 K
0.42 ERA
0.55 WHIP

She was also on another level in National Pro Fastpitch (NPF). For her career she is the most decorated pitcher in the league history with five Pitcher of The Year awards and 9 All-NPF Team selections. Currently, she also holds the career wins and strikeouts crowns (the second pitcher to achieve each milestone and the only to have both) along with the no-hitters (6), shutouts record (also the only pitcher to cross the 40 and 50 total). She also ranks top-10 in ERA, WHIP, innings and strikeout ratio (10.1). Here are her career NPF stats:

126-41 record
184 games played
129 starts
112 complete games
56 shutouts
18 saves
1108.2 IP
617 hits allowed
161 ER
228 BB
1626 K
1.01 ERA
0.76 WHIP
My granddaughter plays travel ball in SC. Her pitching coach encouraged her to watch Monica's videos without knowing the UT family connection. I could never get over seeing her knuckles "drag" the ground in her windup.

GSuBfXMXYAAAhYU

VN Store

Back