The Effects of Dehumanizing Language in Political Discourse

Mine is the only reason I'm still in middle TN.
Well, I'll bite.

Where else would you rather be?

Tennessee, Tennessee, there ain't no place I'd rather be,
Baby won't you carry me back to Tennessee.

I'm really glad Chuck Schumer had a polite and friendly conversation with DiFi about her comments in regards to Lindsey Graham.

I'm sure he was very pleasant.

I'm really glad Chuck Schumer had a polite and friendly conversation with DiFi about her comments in regards to Lindsey Graham.

I'm sure he was very pleasant.
If it was Schumer and Feinstein, I'm sure it wasn't a "Come to Jesus" talk.

Well, I'll bite.

Where else would you rather be?

Tennessee, Tennessee, there ain't no place I'd rather be,
Baby won't you carry me back to Tennessee.

There are a few places I'd rather be than middle TN.

Norris Lake area, the Cherokee Lake Area (north side), south side of Douglas Lake, around Hiwasse Lake in NC, NC side of Chatuge Lake or on Lake Hartwell in SC.

There are a few places I'd rather be than middle TN.

Norris Lake area, the Cherokee Lake Area (north side), south side of Douglas Lake, around Hiwasse Lake in NC, NC side of Chatuge Lake or on Lake Hartwell in SC.
At least the first three,
are still in Tennessee.

What did she say about Graham?

Paraphrased, but he did a good job, hearing went smooth, nobody got out of line and gave him a hug.

The left lost their minds over it and apparently Chuck took issue with her saying nice things.

Paraphrased, but he did a good job, hearing went smooth, nobody got out of line and gave him a hug.

The fringe left lost their minds over it and apparently Chuck took issue with her saying nice things.

FYP

See, @37L1 more evidence: Feinstein was nice to Graham. They’re starting to get the message.

So, you are admitting Schumer is now fringe left?
Hell yes. He’s all in on the “partisanship > all” politics. He ****ing threatened Supreme Court justices.

There will continue to be pockets of that in deep blue states like NY (and CA), where a crazy primary challenger could put you out of office. If Trump loses, Democrats will have to be smarter than Republicans about how they deal with that and Republicans will have to figure it out.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Hell yes. He’s all in on the “partisanship > all” politics. He ****ing threatened Supreme Court justices.

There will continue to be pockets of that in deep blue states like NY (and CA), where a crazy primary challenger could put you out of office. If Trump loses, Democrats will have to be smarter than Republicans about how they deal with that and Republicans will have to figure it out.

So, we have the Minority Leader of the Senate, the man who should be setting the example for the remainder of his party acting like this?

And we speak of "dehumanizing discourse" in politics?

I have very little doubt, and recent history has shown, there is almost zero chance we ever return to civility in politics. When the party leaders aren't setting the example, there is no longer a moral high road nor a path through.

FYP

See, @37L1 more evidence: Feinstein was nice to Graham. They’re starting to get the message.
Anecdotal evidence. She's 87 and has to run again in 2022, what are the odds that she's done?

Do you see Schumer going anywhere? If the Dems take the Senate, he'll be the Majority Leader, lots of Kumbaya goin' on after that, ya think?

But he's got high hopes
He's got high hopes
He's got high apple pie
In the sky hopes

You know once trump gets re-elected and the democrats do as they claim and win the majority in the senate and house, do any of you democratic morons think Trump will pass anything you idiots send him? I can see him becoming a veto machine.

You know once trump gets re-elected and the democrats do as they claim and win the majority in the senate and house, do any of you democratic morons think Trump will pass anything you idiots send him? I can see him becoming a veto machine.
That seems incredibly unlikely to me. I think the same party will control senate and white house.

Reactions: RockyTop85
So, we have the Minority Leader of the Senate, the man who should be setting the example for the remainder of his party acting like this?

And we speak of "dehumanizing discourse" in politics?

I have very little doubt, and recent history has shown, there is almost zero chance we ever return to civility in politics. When the party leaders aren't setting the example, there is no longer a moral high road nor a path through.
I’m cautiously optimistic.

Anecdotal evidence. She's 87 and has to run again in 2022, what are the odds that she's done?

Do you see Schumer going anywhere? If the Dems take the Senate, he'll be the Majority Leader, lots of Kumbaya goin' on after that, ya think?

But he's got high hopes
He's got high hopes
He's got high apple pie
In the sky hopes
If they make Schumer majority leader, I will no longer be cautiously optimistic.

I’m cautiously optimistic.

Naive is more like it.

Gone are the days of Tip O'Neil and Ronald Reagan fighting like cats and dogs during the day and having a pleasant dinner that night.

The past four years are prologue. If you think the House, Senate or White House changing hands will cause everyone to prance around on unicorns and **** rainbows, you're in for a shock.

Reactions: Rickyvol77 and 37L1
Naive is more like it.

Gone are the days of Tip O'Neil and Ronald Reagan fighting like cats and dogs during the day and having a pleasant dinner that night.

The past four years are prologue. If you think the House, Senate or White House changing hands will cause everyone to prance around on unicorns and **** rainbows, you're in for a shock.

Lol. You think these guys actually hate each other?

Biden ran with reunification as a central plank in his platform. It’s his clearest contrast from Trump. If he gets elected, there will be a clear mandate for Dems to cut the ****. Could they ignore that mandate? Sure. Could Republicans refuse to engage? Seems pretty likely since it seems completely outside the realm of possibility that they will ever have a similar mandate.

But It’s not naive to recognize that, if Biden wins, it will be because a broad swath of the electorate wants them to shut up and fix it. And he’s leaning into it with all the catering to the Cindy McCain crowd, so he clearly recognizes it.

That kind of mandate is how politicians function. It’s certainly why both sides are at each other’s throats, now. Most of them don’t believe their own ********. It’s political theater because it’s what will get most of them re-elected. If you think otherwise, you’ve got no business calling anybody naive.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

VN Store

Back