The evil of Replacement Theory

No cable tv conservative would say that. There are online/YouTube conservatives that do have a large following and say things like that though.
Ah, I see.
You Are aware of course I can find plenty of left wing you tubers with large followings whimsy some pretty outlandish things wi the with you would not wish to be associated, no?

For the lovers of American literature. Replacement theory has been bandied about for a long time on the right. This is nothing new from the right.

From the Great Gatsby:

‘You make me feel uncivilized, Daisy,’ I confessed on my second glass of corky but rather impressive claret. ‘Can’t you talk about crops or something?’

I meant nothing in particular by this remark but it was taken up in an unexpected way. ‘Civilization’s going to pieces,’ broke out Tom violently. ‘I’ve gotten to be a terrible pessimist about things. Have you read ‘The Rise of the Coloured Empires’ by this man Goddard?’

‘Why, no,’ I answered, rather surprised by his tone.

‘Well, it’s a fine book, and everybody ought to read it. The idea is if we don’t look out the white race will be—will be utterly submerged. It’s all scientific stuff; it’s been proved.’

'Tom’s getting very profound,’ said Daisy with an expression of unthoughtful sadness. ‘He reads deep books with long words in them. What was that word we——‘

‘Well, these books are all scientific,’ insisted Tom, glancing at her impatiently. ‘This fellow has worked out the whole thing. It’s up to us who are the dominant race to watch out or these other races will have control of things.’

‘We’ve got to beat them down,’ whispered Daisy, winking ferociously toward the fervent sun. ‘You ought to live in California—’ began Miss Baker but Tom interrupted her by shifting heavily in his chair. ‘This idea is that we’re Nordics. I am, and you are and you are and——’ After an infinitesimal hesitation he included Daisy with a slight nod and she winked at me again. ‘—and we’ve produced all the things that go to make civilization—oh, science and art and all that. Do you see?’

Reactions: luthervol
Okay. I’m asking you to define that theory. You believe 32% of Americans think Jews are trying to replace them or is it something else

It’s the theory that demographics are changing in favor of non-white people and that this demographic change is being orchestrated by Jewish people.

I never said I believed it.

Ah, I see.
You Are aware of course I can find plenty of left wing you tubers with large followings whimsy some pretty outlandish things wi the with you would not wish to be associated, no?

I have no doubt there are far leftists on YouTube/twitter/4chan etc.

I'd really hoped you would read.
I'm assuming you are in agreement and are looking for a way around having to admit that you are.
Same for @Vol8188

In agreement with what? That you’re labeling reality as conspiracy?

Here’s what you’ve done. You’ve taken x% of crazies who believe in a Jewish conspiracy and then accused people who are not talking about that of “sanitizing their message”.

It’s no different than saying those on the left who promote the idea that Black Lives Matter are simply sanitizing the message of the Dallas BLM shooter.

Or those on the left who promote the idea that Palestinians are victims are just sanitizing anti Semitic talking points.

It’s all the same dishonest game. The only difference is you see this dishonest game as the gospel because it reflects your world view that “republics are evil racists”

Edit: Bernie Sanders and the squad are just sanitizing the message of the congressional baseball shooter

We were going to see a sharp rise in inflation even if Trump had won. You can't shut down production AND pump money into the system to keep consumers buying then expect to see no shortages. Shortages and plenty of money in circulation equals inflation.
I agree that either person pumping money into the system would have increased inflation. The crux of the matter is That you argue a hypothetical while I argue a fact. The guy who won broke things. Period

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
It’s the theory that demographics are changing in favor of non-white people and that this demographic change is being orchestrated by Jewish people.

I never said I believed it.

And what you just stated is the entire reason no one else in this thread will define the term. Because the truth is 32% of Americans do not believe this. Tucker Carlson is not promoting this. Nor is any major politician and/or republican talking head that I know of.

That's the problem. This is a bait and switch. "hey look at this really bad thing"...."now look, this people believe a different but related thing!"

For the lovers of American literature. Replacement theory has been bandied about for a long time on the right. This is nothing new from the right.

From the Great Gatsby:

‘You make me feel uncivilized, Daisy,’ I confessed on my second glass of corky but rather impressive claret. ‘Can’t you talk about crops or something?’

I meant nothing in particular by this remark but it was taken up in an unexpected way. ‘Civilization’s going to pieces,’ broke out Tom violently. ‘I’ve gotten to be a terrible pessimist about things. Have you read ‘The Rise of the Coloured Empires’ by this man Goddard?’

‘Why, no,’ I answered, rather surprised by his tone.

‘Well, it’s a fine book, and everybody ought to read it. The idea is if we don’t look out the white race will be—will be utterly submerged. It’s all scientific stuff; it’s been proved.’

'Tom’s getting very profound,’ said Daisy with an expression of unthoughtful sadness. ‘He reads deep books with long words in them. What was that word we——‘

‘Well, these books are all scientific,’ insisted Tom, glancing at her impatiently. ‘This fellow has worked out the whole thing. It’s up to us who are the dominant race to watch out or these other races will have control of things.’

‘We’ve got to beat them down,’ whispered Daisy, winking ferociously toward the fervent sun. ‘You ought to live in California—’ began Miss Baker but Tom interrupted her by shifting heavily in his chair. ‘This idea is that we’re Nordics. I am, and you are and you are and——’ After an infinitesimal hesitation he included Daisy with a slight nod and she winked at me again. ‘—and we’ve produced all the things that go to make civilization—oh, science and art and all that. Do you see?’

Important to note the man promoting the theory here is the antagonist. The book is not promoting the theory but rather using the theory as another way of showing the audience that he's a piece of crap.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
And what you just stated is the entire reason no one else in this thread will define the term. Because the truth is 32% of Americans do not believe this. Tucker Carlson is not promoting this. Nor is any major politician and/or republican talking head that I know of.

That's the problem. This is a bait and switch. "hey look at this really bad thing"...."now look, this people believe a different but related thing!"

I think there’s some disconnect. I defined the great replacement theory, nothing more. I never said anything about percentages, politicians or Tucker Carlson either.

Important to note the man promoting the theory here is the antagonist. The book is not promoting the theory but rather using the theory as another way of showing the audience that he's a piece of crap.
Yes, I know. Just pointing out that this idea has been a talking point on the right for over 100 years, at least.

Reactions: Vol8188
I think there’s some disconnect. I defined the great replacement theory, nothing more. I never said anything about percentages, politicians or Tucker Carlson either.

Fair. But if you go back to the OP, he's not referring to the same thing. He is...but he's also not. He's doing a bait and switch where he starts with what you're talking about, an antisemitic conspiracy.

He then shifts to a separate thing and pretends it's the same.

Reactions: Volatility
Yes, I know. Just pointing out that this idea has been a talking point on the right for over 100 years, at least.

Tangently related. But I can agree it's similar. But if we are going to include similarities we would have to be honest and state this is a fear of all people/groups. Anyone who has ever owned anything has had a fear that another may take it, which seems to be the sentiment expressed in the book.

A Fringe Conspiracy Theory, Fostered Online, Is Refashioned by the G.O.P.

So people that adhere to this thinking, what do we do with them? What do we do to the promoters of this, even if they call it something else?

It's a prominent train of thought on the right. It's what fed the resentment that got Trump elected.

Sadly, the foundation of the GOP has abandoned fiscal restraint, less regulation, and the like. Now a mainstay of the party's entire existence is about justifying racism by calling it different things.

I think you should do some self reflection on what it means exactly to be radicalized given you are promoting "doing something" to another group of people for saying things you don't like.

Comes off like the obvious federal agent in a meme group "Yeah, the government sucks, now what do we plan to do about it!"

I think you should do some self reflection on what it means exactly to be radicalized given you are promoting "doing something" to another group of people for saying things you don't like.

Russians never think a people being attacked should have the right to defend themselves. They always give the aggressor the benefit of the doubt, and the right to over rule a majority, and kill indiscriminately.

„Replacement theory“ loses its political usefulness if they are forced to actually define it. It is much more useful as an ever shifting nebulous scare tactic. If they clarify what they mean, it can be debunked and they realize that
Are you giving that as the right wing perspective?

Russians never think a people being attacked should have the right to defend themselves. They always give the aggressor the benefit of the doubt, and the right to over rule a majority, and kill indiscriminately.

You shouldn't be this high/drunk so early in the day.

I still have no idea what this conspiracy actually is... but i get the grift. Sounds like really evil, nasty stuff. Only one place that comes from.

The truth is the media waits for white shooters so they can post this propaganda. There was 0 conversation around left wing rhetoric after the NY Subway murder spotted multiple racist anti-white claims, which have been "sanitized" by the majority of the left as his reason for killing. No conversations about dialing back left wing political rhetoric, censoring left wing voices, or the role of BLM or Russia in spreading the propaganda.

The media has 0 concern about the story, only the narrative.

Nonsense. I'm not defining the term because the definition of the term changes with time and to fit the audience.
It's basically nothing more than a way to dishonestly politicize a naturally occurring phenomenon in a way to sew as much hatred, distrust, and division as possible.
Doesn't matter who they claim is behind it - it's the "orchestrated" claim and the strongly implied "something has to be done to stop this" part that is the issue. And everyone knows this.
So let's go with these two questions...for everyone.

Do you believe it is orchestrated?

Do you believe something has to or needs to be done about it?

If you answer yes to either, we can pick up the conversation at that point.

I agree that either person pumping money into the system would have increased inflation. The crux of the matter is That you argue a hypothetical while I argue a fact. The guy who won broke things. Period

Biden has done nothing to help the situation that’s for sure. He’s done his level best to make it worse than it has to be but he didn’t break it.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
BTW... this is not like it's a first time deal. Get used to it. It's happening every year now. As soon as the weather gets warm.. the monkeys come crawling out of their caves beating and shooting every one. they start fighting and road raging. I already know it's coming, and stay as far away from the animals as possible, until they get it out of their system and calm down. Then you get the copy cats, who's purpose in life is to cause race riots and intentional hate... what a life huh? The instigators. I'm sure your mother's proud with what you've done with your life.

here comes the media, they need a story, they want the riots. They have to have something to pull on heart strings. They eat it up hoping for more while making comfort phrases to your face.

Ignore them. They are trying to whip you into a frenzy on purpose. domestic terrorism. Ron't give it to them. With no ratings, the media gives them no attention. With no attention, half these incidents don't take place. Stop empowering them.

VN Store

Back