The Golf Thread

I'd have to say hitting a tee shot on a par 3 and landing it close is a better feeling than a spanked drive off the tee on a par 4 or 5.

no golfers on the site. Disallowed.

Not golfers, you great fool! Gophers! The *little* *brown*, *furry* *rodents* -!

3164902280_e197ce87d5.jpg

Hitting it solid will hook you for life. Three putts suck regardless of ability level.

I chipped in from about 5 yards off the green for birdie on 18 in my very first round. I've never been more addicted to anything my whole life.

I chipped in from about 5 yards off the green for birdie on 18 in my very first round. I've never been more addicted to anything my whole life.

I hit to within 3 feet on a par 3 first time out, I was 9 or 10.

If I'd known what was to follow, I'd have packed it in right then and there.

I hit to within 3 feet on a par 3 first time out, I was 9 or 10.

If I'd known what was to follow, I'd have packed it in right then and there.

Lol no kidding. I think when you hit a couple of decent shots you put more pressure on yourself to do better so when you mess up it frustrates you that much more. I just pack more beer now & go play & shoot anything from 75-95.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The most disturbing thing you'll ever see in the Golf thread.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM2NocuEihw&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

80 at Westhaven yesterday. Played with pain under my lower right ribs the whole day. Bye bye gall bladder. I think it made me keep my rt elbow from flaring and I stroked the ball. Surgery tomorrow.

Haven't played as much as I used to. Low is 81 and have had a couple or more 83s. Low 90s was typical but now I'd be pushing 100.

To show the volatility in my game I went from a 120 to an 83 over 4 consecutive rounds (in about 1.5 weeks)! 120, 105 (with a 62 on the front 9), 93, 83.

I've never been golfing before but I want to, bought a cheap set of clubs awhile back and never been. Any advice anyone want to give and where are some good courses around here?

I've never been golfing before but I want to, bought a cheap set of clubs awhile back and never been. Any advice anyone want to give and where are some good courses around here?

If you've never golfed before do everyone a favor and stay away from the good courses. :hi:

Define "play".

If you mean walk/drive around and swing at a ball with a golf club for 18 holes, then yes I play.

If you mean being even remotely decent at it, or have much of an idea on what I'm doing, then not so much.

I guess your right thanks for the tip :salute:

Yep. Find a cheap public and go around lunchtime during the week. Not busy, you wont hold anyone up.

A weekend beginners class isn't an awful idea either, to at least get some concept of fundementals.

Two small kids have taken a toll on my game. Still shoot in 70's more often than not. Played 3 times last year and shot my best round--a 71 up at Cattails in Kingsport. My 3 year old is a lefty and takes a great rip at it. Looking forward to teaching him the game.

I've only played 5 times in the last 2-3 years since I "retired" from competitive golf. But I had a +1.5 and low round of 65. I'm just now trying to get back into the game.

Love it. Have a 10.14 handicap or something like that right now. Oobgolf keeps track for me. Best round was a 76. Best nine 36.--(bogeyed the last hole or I would have been under par. Frustrating)

VN Store

Back