The Golf Thread

Yea my best is 76 as well & I tripled the last hole a par 5. Broken 80 quite a few times. My last 2 rounds were mid 80's but would have easily broken 80 if I had putted halfway decent. Last round I had 6 birdie putts on front side & shot a 42. Four were inside 15 feet. Oh well I know what I neeed to work on.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Understand completely. The old saying rings true. Drive for show and putt for dough

For an official handicap you gotta pay the usga but that will put you in the ballpark.

1. He didn't ask for an official handicap calculator. He asked for a free handicap calculator.

2. It won't put him in the ballpark. It will tell him exactly what his handicap would be if he entered it with USGA based on his scores and the courses he enters.

1. He didn't ask for an official handicap calculator. He asked for a free handicap calculator.

2. It won't put him in the ballpark. It will tell him exactly what his handicap would be if he entered it with USGA based on his scores and the courses he enters.

You're wrong. He can establish a handicap after 5 rounds but once he reaches 20 it takes the best 10 rounds. You're free calculator doesn't do that that's why it says it will give you an "IDEA" of what your official handicap would be.

Anyone know of a place you can establish a USGA Handicap online?

Most golf courses have a computer now days where you can enter your score after you finish a round. If you're a member somewhere it would probably be easier but if you play the same course pretty regular they may just let you pay the yearly fee & use their data base to get your handicap. Never hurts to ask.

You're wrong. He can establish a handicap after 5 rounds but once he reaches 20 it takes the best 10 rounds. You're free calculator doesn't do that that's why it says it will give you an "IDEA" of what your official handicap would be.

Where do you see this?

Guy asked for a free calculator, and I posted a link to one. If you want to play internet expert, you are free to post another.

Most golf courses have a computer now days where you can enter your score after you finish a round. If you're a member somewhere it would probably be easier but if you play the same course pretty regular they may just let you pay the yearly fee & use their data base to get your handicap. Never hurts to ask.

I'd prefer the flexibility of establishing one online if it's possible.

Where do you see this?

Guy asked for a free calculator, and I posted a link to one. If you want to play internet expert, you are free to post another.

Yea I said it was good enough to put him in the ballpark & you chimed in & said it would give his exact handicap. It clearly states it will hive you an idea of your usga handicap. I'm no expert but I can read.

I'd prefer the flexibility of establishing one online if it's possible.

Just google it. I used an online club several years ago for an official usga handicap. I'm thinking it was $30 a year.
You might also check out the ghin website. I'm a member of a club but I post scores online all the time through that site.

My set up...

b0e30dbb.jpg

I'll post a pic later, but my set is:

Driver: TaylorMade R7 SuperQuad TP
3-wood: Cobra Gravity Back 13'
2-PW: Cleveland TA-1
Wedges: Cleveland 588 Gunmetal 54' & 60'
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

I think you can tell by my set the last time I was serious about golf.

I consider that a fine accomplishment.

Never heard it called an approach wedge, but I had to add a gap to my bag as well.

I hadn't either til I got these Nike clubs. I would rather hit the 56 most of the time anyway. It has a 1/2" longer shaft and those zip grooves are nice.

I think you can tell by my set the last time I was serious about golf.
Other than keeping up with Driver technology, there's no reason to go away from what works. I've been hitting the same Callaway X-16 Pro irons since 2003 and I've got the exact same wedges that you do.

Same irons as my Dad. He manages to come up with a new profane nickname for me every time I look at his bag and say "nice shovels".

Lol. If I start playing more I'll probably get a new set but these work. Had a set of 990's too but sold them because they were collecting dust. I had to throw in the shovel SW too when I lost my vokey. What's a good cavity back with little offset?

VN Store

Back