The Golf Thread

Mine usually get stained from sweat especially around the collar or at least they use to.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

pre-treat your collars with shampoo before you put them in the washing machine.

i have the same issues with collars. so I have a handful of golf polos that I wear for normal play. If I'm going to play in a tournament, play somewhere nice, or play with important people, like my boss, then I'll bust out a nice polo.

pre-treat your collars with shampoo before you put them in the washing machine.

i have the same issues with collars. so I have a handful of golf polos that I wear for normal play. If I'm going to play in a tournament, play somewhere nice, or play with important people, like my boss, then I'll bust out a nice polo.

My sweat would fade or discolor them. There was no getting it out. I only use dri fit type fabric now & that helped.

Question: do you guys think wearing nice khaki shorts with a ralph lauren tshirt on tge course looks bad? My boss got mad at me for coming to the course I work at to play dressed in that. He said it looked trashy. Remember, I wasn't on the clock, if i am I've got khaki shorts and a polo tucked in.
You don't play in a t-shirt, period.

We are in a different age if somebody is worried about sweat staining a good shirt during a round of golf.

Nobody said they were worried about it just that it happened. Newer fabrics have resolved that. If I wear a cotton polo it's usually in the winter.

If you wear a cotton polo during the summer playing golf. Your just a goober. Respectfully.

Well unless you just don't sweat. Why would you want to wear a cotton polo when you can wear dri-fit polo that are a lot more comfortable and cooler.

My sweat would fade or discolor them. There was no getting it out. I only use dri fit type fabric now & that helped.

do you wear a T-shirt under yout polo. it would probably help if you sweat that much

no reason to ruin a 60 dollar shirt when you can put a hanes under it

golf clubs.jpg

my sticks

Ping G-10 Driver 10.5 degree
Titelist 13 degree 3 Wood
Sonartech 17 degree rescue
Mizuno MP 32's 3-PW
Vokey 54 degree oil can
Vokey 58 degree oil can
Ping Anser 2 putter

I've had a couple hole in ones, and went on to lose both balls. The first one was in a tournament. Thought I might have a lucky ball, and on the next hole - a long par 5 - tried to reach it in 2 and came up short into a ravine.

The 2nd hole in one I put the ball in my bag and took it home. Not sure where it is now.

i put mine up, until I get a stand for it...

It's Strata 0,

I usually play a pro v1x, but since I only had a 9 iron and a putter, I took a ball out of my son's bag when I got to the course

do you wear a T-shirt under yout polo. it would probably help if you sweat that much

no reason to ruin a 60 dollar shirt when you can put a hanes under it

It's really not an issue anymore. I get dri fit type shirts or a white shirt. I use to pay that much for polos but not anymore. Get a fes from ROSS for $15-$25 or catch a sale.

and for the record, i will be wearing a polo, but i'll play with anyone that has a tshirt on anytime. haha

VN Store

Back