The Golf Thread

I have a Cleveland launcher 2i hybrid that I love. I either hit it or my driver off the box now. My 3 wood gets hit very little but the reason I got it was because it's easy to hit off the deck.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

i'll have to say, the first time i hit the taylormade burner 3 hybrid i have, i was shocked at how good it felt. probably one of the most fluid feeling clubs i have ever had. very easy to hit as well.

Other than keeping up with Driver technology, there's no reason to go away from what works. I've been hitting the same Callaway X-16 Pro irons since 2003 and I've got the exact same wedges that you do.

X-18 pro series here. Have had them for years. I like them, but I also remember when I went away from X-16. I hit those well and for whatever reason, had a little adaption period. I've been thinking about new sticks, but don't want to go through a change again. I feel like the right fit might take off another 1-3 strokes (I don't even have a 5 iron right now). However, the wrong fit and some questioning in my head could add strokes. I did get a Seemore putter and I've never rolled it so well.

Vast majority read it first then do some screwy looking plumb silliness and subconsciously reinforce their read, regardless how wrong it might have been. For my money, it only makes sense when I just can't see which way it goes.

I don't take long and never got the plumb bob deal. Honestly, didn't know what I was even trying to do and if it takes that much I didn't want to anyway. I walk up @ halfway or closer to the hole to feel the break in my feet and pick a spot. Then walk back and putt. It's not perfect, but it's the best way that I have been able to read breaks.

hoping to get out saturday. all this rain should make for very receptive greens if we don't get too much more before then.

i took some time off work and did the same thing here not too long ago. makes it super tough to go back. if i could get in about 3 rounds a week and 4 on holiday weeks, i would be happy. =)

Question: do you guys think wearing nice khaki shorts with a ralph lauren tshirt on tge course looks bad? My boss got mad at me for coming to the course I work at to play dressed in that. He said it looked trashy. Remember, I wasn't on the clock, if i am I've got khaki shorts and a polo tucked in.

Question: do you guys think wearing nice khaki shorts with a ralph lauren tshirt on tge course looks bad? My boss got mad at me for coming to the course I work at to play dressed in that. He said it looked trashy. Remember, I wasn't on the clock, if i am I've got khaki shorts and a polo tucked in.

He would hate to see me roll up

t-shirt? Yes it would look bad

well it wasn't mentioned whether the club has regs on dress or not. If it's just some muni then go for it but if the members wear collars then everyone should too

I may not look that good on the course but I can look good in the clubhouse

yeah i guess i just assumed it was not restricted since he worked there and was doing it. could be wrong.

if it is restricted and he is doing it just because he works there, then i agree.

There isn't a dress code. Hell one of the members shows up with a UT shirt on half the time. And its not like i had dome white tshirt on, i was wearing a nice brand that everyone likes.

There isn't a dress code. Hell one of the members shows up with a UT shirt on half the time. And its not like i had dome white tshirt on, i was wearing a nice brand that everyone likes.

funny that reminds me of a Rod Delmonico story

and there's really no such thing as a nice tshirt. Even on your off day you're still representing your place of business. Our company even has rules for dress while flying because of it

I agree but I'm not wearing my nice polos to the golf course bc when i have tgey always seem to get dirty. And i didn't want to wear one of my work polos bc they were all dirty. I just dont see the problem in a nice shirt. But I'm off to play and making sure I'm wearing a polo so I don't have to listen to him complain

Absolutely wear a polo. Even if it's just some cheap beat up muni, it's the course you work at, show some respect for it and the game by at least looking the part.

And on an unrelated note, is it bad that I miss golf more than my family sometimes? I can't wait to wrap up this deployment and hit the links. Watching the US Open was almost painful because of my desire to hit a golf ball.

it's really all about the course restrictions. that said, i usually wear a polo and khaki's 9.5 times out of 10.

I hit some Ping i15s today, best sticks they've made since the eye2s. I may have to switch.

VN Store

Back