The Golf Thread

Playing in a red, white, & blue captains choice tournament Sunday. 6 holes from the blue (tips), 6 from the white (men's forward), & 6 from the red (ladies or seniors).
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I am actually a double amputee, thanks for asking.

Actually played with a Vietnam vet double amputee in Nashville. He's been written about and on the news. He "walks" on the green (basically on his distal thighs) to putt and I told him that he stepped in my line on the first hole. He cracked up and we had a blast. He shot a 78 from the white tees and beat me by 3. He hit every tee and fairway shot from a wheelchair. Not kidding. Ridiculous.

galahad.jpg

Actually played with a Vietnam vet double amputee in Nashville. He's been written about and on the news. He "walks" on the green (basically on his distal thighs) to putt and I told him that he stepped in my line on the first hole. He cracked up and we had a blast. He shot a 78 from the white tees and beat me by 3. He hit every tee and fairway shot from a wheelchair. Not kidding. Ridiculous.

He would seriously mess up your line, that's for sure. Lulz

I have cheap ass balls from the 60's donated by my godfather. And a few custom printed titliest that I never use.

I don't usually promote criminal activity but the next time you're at the range, throw a 1/4 bucket into your bag.

Not going to get to play another round until the Member-Guest next weekend. Will probably hit a few here and there to practice, though.

I've seen some ****hole courses where people wear t-shirts

I play, on occasion, courses where people wear T-shirts and jeans. or, worse, jorts. Camo and hunting caps in the winter. It's tacky as hell, but even courses who have a posted "dress code" (collared shirt, no jeans) seem to allow it because they need the business.

Two of my favorite courses in the world being played this weekend. Pub Links at Bandon and PGA Tour at Aronimink. Good golf weekend.

VN Store

Back