The Golf Thread

Can you share the TGW link? I checked their site but didn't see the full iron set, only a #2. They're at Edwin Watts, but I would imagine they'd let me hit them in their demo area.

I just went back to the link and it was for the full cavity. I apologize. I googled Nike Split Cavity VR just to see what they looked like. Do you ever go on golfwrx.com? You can find good deals on there for used equipment as well as bombsquadgolf.com for high end stuff. I feel like a jackass now...sorry. But if they are dropping other VR lines, I would expect that they will drop them all in the near future. I would go hit them prior to buying...what do you play now?

Not as bad as I thought today, though I did falter down the stretch. Beer in this heat affects an old man like me a little more than it did a few years ago. It's 8. I'm going to try to pry my nutsack from my inner thigh, just above my knee, shower and go to bed.
A scrambling 83 with 3 triples.

Not as bad as I thought today, though I did falter down the stretch. Beer in this heat affects an old man like me a little more than it did a few years ago. It's 8. I'm going to try to pry my nutsack from my inner thigh, just above my knee, shower and go to bed.
A scrambling 83 with 3 triples.

I'm playing tomorrow and an 83 would be a great score for me the way I've been hitting it this year. I do play better in the heat though. Teeing it up at high noon.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I just went back to the link and it was for the full cavity. I apologize. I googled Nike Split Cavity VR just to see what they looked like. Do you ever go on golfwrx.com? You can find good deals on there for used equipment as well as bombsquadgolf.com for high end stuff. I feel like a jackass now...sorry. But if they are dropping other VR lines, I would expect that they will drop them all in the near future. I would go hit them prior to buying...what do you play now?

No worries. That's sort of what I figured had happened.

Right now I just play a basic set of entry level stuff. Can't remember the brand for the life of me right now. To be honest, my game needs more work before I seriously consider upgrading but when I saw that set I at least wanted to consider getting them and hanging onto them until the appropriate time.

Gotta roll with makers and coke on the hot days. Beer makes my bad putting worse. Don't ask me to explain. I can't.

that works too

hard core, I don't drink alot of liquor on the course

Oh hell no. I was temporarily disinvited for a member/guest with one of my best friends. I always have fun on the golf course, but I'm competitive too. Guy in the other twosome fixed me a jack and coke at 7 am on saturday morning. I had my second one on the first tee box. That was the worst round I have ever played.

Shot 88 today. Fell apart at the end. Finished bogie, bogie, bogie, bogie, bogie. Didn't suffer heat stroke though.

Haven't played Camp Creek, it's always on my list, but I never want to drive that far..

Raven. Burnt Pine, Kelly Plantation are always in the rotation

haven't heard of the Hombre....

Haven't played Camp Creek, it's always on my list, but I never want to drive that far..

Raven. Burnt Pine, Kelly Plantation are always in the rotation

haven't heard of the Hombre....

Camp Creek is Top notch, The Hombre is A1 also but tough as hell, water that's in play everywhere, 3 nines named The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. It's well worth the drive to Panama City if you've got a willing DD.

Playing couples golf yesterday afternoon, wife made a hole in one on 150 yard 5th.

A couple of interesting notes:

It is her 3rd. She has now aced every par 3 on the front of our home course.

We were playing with the same couple that we were playing with last year when I made mine. We've played 9 with them about 4 or 5 times and have two 1s on the card.

How about Scottie Stallings at Greenbrier? Played great on a big stage today. Ball striking was phenomenal. Final pairing with AK tomorrow.

First match of the Club Championship for me today. I've not been playing well and it's 11,000 degrees out. Sign me up.

Grip and rip. Screw the bad thoughts.

I'm hoping it's much like the days in the bullpen. The worse the bullpen session, the better the game experience. That's either wishful thinking or possibly first sign of heatstroke.

VN Store

Back