The Golf Thread

Congrats to Stallings on the win. 6 birdies on the back and birdieing the 19th is strong.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Great win for a humble TN kid today and a great Bible verse that would help many vol fans. Something about pressing forward and leaving the past behind. Helped him get thru some bad shots and thoughts.

What a tournament. I don't think they even showed his birdies on 10,11,12, he and Kim were so far out of it. Great finish. Pumped for the guy. Made a lot of money today and got into the field at a lot of tournaments.

Great win for a humble TN kid today and a great Bible verse that would help many vol fans. Something about pressing forward and leaving the past behind. Helped him get thru some bad shots and thoughts.

+1 Great verse.

Played mission Viejo cc two weeks back for member guest best ball. Shot 83, tough course. If i could hit driver would have been a lot better.

Camp Creek is Top notch, The Hombre is A1 also but tough as hell, water that's in play everywhere, 3 nines named The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. It's well worth the drive to Panama City if you've got a willing DD.

I played there once - very frustrating given my play and the temperature.

So while at work today, I was driving the range picker(picks up driviang range balls) and a cow gets out of its field. He has done this a couple of times here recently. Well next thing I know the cow takes off down the 9th hole fairway and runs across the green. Puts huge footprints all in the green. Then the cow runs to the 11th hole and tears it's green up even worse. POS needs to be shot for tearing the greens up.

So while at work today, I was driving the range picker(picks up driviang range balls) and a cow gets out of its field. He has done this a couple of times here recently. Well next thing I know the cow takes off down the 9th hole fairway and runs across the green. Puts huge footprints all in the green. Then the cow runs to the 11th hole and tears it's green up even worse. POS needs to be shot for tearing the greens up.

Steak time IMO JMO IYAM.

Playing couples golf yesterday afternoon, wife made a hole in one on 150 yard 5th.

A couple of interesting notes:

It is her 3rd. She has now aced every par 3 on the front of our home course.

We were playing with the same couple that we were playing with last year when I made mine. We've played 9 with them about 4 or 5 times and have two 1s on the card.

that's na sign, you should be palying once a week with them

Tiger hitting it like crap at Firestone, but he back to his old putter and is freaking nailed some putts. Drained 3 par savers that were big and now a couple birdies.

That club gets going again and it's on.

Last edited:
Tiger hitting it like crap at Firestone, but he back to his old putter and is freaking maligned some putts. Drained 3 par savers that were big and now a couple birdies.

That club gets going again and it's on.

68, today pretty solid first round considering the layoff, and he only hit something like 5-6 fairways

68, today pretty solid first round considering the layoff, and he only hit something like 5-6 fairways

Hit it poorly, but wasn't missing fairways by a mile, like he was when his knee wasn't there. His putter, OTOH, was badass. He poured home some serious putts.

it's not on, it's over.

Not like before, unless he drives it well again.

Swing has much less vertical movement today than it did when he was struggling so badly. He gets the driver to middling status and he'll stomp a mudhole in the likes of McIlroy with that putter.

VN Store

Back