The Golf Thread

I still noticed a little hitch in the stride. I wouldn't mind seeing him make a run. I just think he might start hurting in other parts of the body by overcompensating for the knee.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I still noticed a little hitch in the stride. I wouldn't mind seeing him make a run. I just think he might start hurting in other parts of the body by overcompensating for the knee.
I didnt see the compensation. Looks like he's turning more again, rather than diving into it.

I didnt see the compensation. Looks like he's turning more again, rather than diving into it.

I'm talking about a run of tourney wins. I just don't think he will hold up. Its impossible for his surgical knee to be considered 100%, and if it's a not, that % makes another body part work overtime. Jmo. I did see a hitch in his stride a couple times. I have one so I'm always checking out gaits. A little odd.
Posted via VolNation Mobile!

Last edited:

Looks like he got some Fred Couples orthodics. I guess anything to help.

the new bag is beginning to take shape. Settled on the Titleist 910 D3 driver. The ball just seems to fly off the driver for me. Still debating the hybrid I'm going to go with and I'll gladly take suggestions. Settled for the Ping i15 with Project X 5.5 shafts (most likely, still mulling all my shaft options). It came down to the Pings and the Taylor Made 2.0s. There was just something buttery soft about the i15s. Both are incredibly forgiving for a traditional cavity back. Going with the Cleveland CG 15s Black Pearl wedges in 52*, 56* and 60*. Debating putting a stronger shaft in the 52* since I never chip with it, it's solely for full shots or so. Any thoughts there? Also bought a new Titleist stand bag and some new cleats.

Sounds like. Makes a hybrid tough to work in.
Exactly what I was thinking. I carry 3 but there are a lot of days when I really think I'd be fine ditching the 60 and going old school hitting all the shots with a 56.

I'm going to go with a 19* hybrid and depending upon course length I either take out my 6 iron or the 3 wood. It's extremely rare that I hit a 6. I can ease up a 5 or really work my 7 iron and easily get away with not having the 6 iron.

I can't ease up on a PW or SW to save my life. having the 52* is almost mandatory for me. I don't think I could hit a 60 yd SW if you gave me 20 tries. Put the 60* in my hand and it's too easy. Don't ask me why, it's just me.

I'm going to go with a 19* hybrid and depending upon course length I either take out my 6 iron or the 3 wood. It's extremely rare that I hit a 6. I can ease up a 5 or really work my 7 iron and easily get away with not having the 6 iron.
Interesting . . . I'd just carry 15 and put a towel over the bag. :)

Last edited:
In other words, you carry 15 unless you're in a tournament. I've been there. :)

nah, after working those junior events, I've always been a stickler for the rules. There's been a number of times I decided to keep the six and abandon a wood that I've seriously regretted.

That said, my first round back I discovered that my old putter was in the bag so I did play with 15. Good thing my buddy didn't take things too seriously.

Tiger should just hit on all the girls on course.

His shoes were ugly, but i am sure they had a lot of support.

Picked up the golf bag for the first time in five or six years the other day and hit the driving range for 50 balls. Felt it best to leave the driver in the bag, and realized I couldn't find my fairway wood so I shot irons and wedges all day. Surprisingly was able to green a handful of shots about 140 yards out with my five iron, out of about 20 attempts. Went longer and started slicing like a mf'er. My short game is still decent though, had some success at the pins 100-ish yards out, and was able to get some good loft with the short irons. Then found three buckets about 30-35 yards out, hit eight shots at them with the pitching wedge and was actually able to drop two of them in. Felt pretty good about that.

Gonna try and go back tomorrow morning for some more iron work, maybe try and close up the long iron shots. I dread that I'm gonna have absolutely no handle on the driver, though.

Also, a nagging snowboarding injury I got a couple seasons ago was pissing my left shoulder off pretty good, couldn't get a full backswing going, but I made due alright.

Thanks. Figure a dozen more trips to the range are in order, then a round at the local par 3.

Picked up the golf bag for the first time in five or six years the other day and hit the driving range for 50 balls. Felt it best to leave the driver in the bag, and realized I couldn't find my fairway wood so I shot irons and wedges all day. Surprisingly was able to green a handful of shots about 140 yards out with my five iron, out of about 20 attempts. Went longer and started slicing like a mf'er. My short game is still decent though, had some success at the pins 100-ish yards out, and was able to get some good loft with the short irons. Then found three buckets about 30-35 yards out, hit eight shots at them with the pitching wedge and was actually able to drop two of them in. Felt pretty good about that.

Gonna try and go back tomorrow morning for some more iron work, maybe try and close up the long iron shots. I dread that I'm gonna have absolutely no handle on the driver, though.

Ok, Eric.

VN Store

Back