The Illinois Crisis

Money is moving into midtown unfortunately. Prices for houses alone are getting higher. Houses are only staying on the market a few days. I just sold one. The good thing is it is memphians moving and staying here. Not out of towners. They mostly move to burbs it seems.

You're last sentence is dead on.

I work for a global Fortune 100 with a large footprint in Memphis. Everyone that moves here to work for us heads straight to Collierville lol.

Meh.

Memphis has the same type problems plagued by all large urban areas.

Genuine question- have any other large cities had the mass exodus of police and fire that memphis has seen the past 3 years? Mostly the city govt fault here I think.

Genuine question- have any other large cities had the mass exodus of police and fire that memphis has seen the past 3 years? Mostly the city govt fault here I think.

I am aware of the issue you are referencing. But I can't answer, I simply don't know.

I do know we are taking steps to restore benefits and rebuild the ranks. I hope it works.

You're last sentence is dead on.

I work for a global Fortune 100 with a large footprint in Memphis. Everyone that moves here to work for us heads straight to Collierville lol.

Collierville huh?

Imagine that...

Money is moving into midtown unfortunately. Prices for houses alone are getting higher. Houses are only staying on the market a few days. I just sold one. The good thing is it is memphians moving and staying here. Not out of towners. They mostly move to burbs it seems.

I get that. I understand it as well. But I promise you, a ride in the country, you will see more million dollar homes in places that use to be cotton fields.

It's a slow change. Hell, ive been gone 20 years and it jumps out at me. You guys have been here so you don't see it the way I see it.

Btw, we are getting a wahlburger.. (spelling)

It's going to be on Beale..

Yea... "out of towners"

Not locals moving east

Again, wrong sir...

And honestly, it should tell you something... when out of townets don't want to live there.....

Downtown Memphis has cleaned up a lot. A friend of mine owns a bar down there (building another one on Carolina street). The apartments look nice down there.

Nice, man. Recovery going well?

Well yea. It was a few years ago but my ****ed up doctor has me on klonopin and I haven't had energy to do ****. I started taking it in less doses now my energy is back, which took time. So that plus bp meds, my body was like **** off I am not moving.

VN Store

Back