The Impeachment Thread

You really think this would be the first administration that has done that? I got news for you; Washington and every administration since has done that kind of thing ... just figure out where the secrets are buried. You guys are so mentally disturbed you can't get past Trump's "sins" to consider history. I'll even give you a real example of GOP malfeasance during the Eisenhower administration. Go back and look at the Dulles brothers banana republic war to protect their interest in the United Fruit Company (now Chiquita). Now that's a real example of using political position to meddle in another country's business for personal or political gain. None of this current namby pamby stuff for them. This isn't even up to the Obama bribes with money and traded terrorists for a couple of idiots who got themselves stuck in bad places.

Again. If an american commits a crime in another country that country can invesitgate and prosecute them. The only grey area is if the offending parties country refuses to extradite them for trial. Other countries dont have to follow our laws or constitutional rights. That's beyond stupid.

You might be getting confused when it comes to inter national courts where the US, or really any country, can tell them to pound sand.

Kinda like when the Mueller gang subpoenaed some Russians and then had no idea what to do with them when they showed up. Mueller guessed wrongly that the Russians would avoid extradition, and he could profit from it because it would obviously mean Trump and Putin were hiding something.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
In a way I feel sorry for Trump. He just doesn't know any better. There are supposed to be people there who keep him in line. His staff and especially the lawyers have failed him.

Now, to be sure, he bears some responsibility because he has over time ousted the experienced peoole that might have stopped him. But in the end it seems to me he genuinely does not realize what he did was wrong. Fact is, he never really has understood the job.

In a way I feel sorry for Trump. He just doesn't know any better. There are supposed to be people there who keep him in line. His staff and especially the lawyers have failed him.

Now, to be sure, he bears some responsibility because he has over time ousted the experienced peoole that might have stopped him. But in the end it seems to me he genuinely does not realize what he did was wrong. Fact is, he never really has understood the job.
You would think the number of really good people he had resign their post would cause some of the Trump folks to pause. Mattis, Kelly, Tillerson. There is a reason they all bailed.

He’s not going to gain any from this either . If Trump makes it through this and Biden is the nominee , Trump will wear him out over this on the campaign trail just like he did hills and the emails .

Eh. I'm not sure trump is going to want to keep Ukraine in the headlines. It'd be like setting fire to your own house just to laugh about smoke getting in your neighbors eyes.

@AM64 I miss something a few minutes ago? Looks like some posts have been removed.

I'm doing some real catch up. Way back in the morning 37L1 had a post that contained this:

"The meeting, promised as training, turned out to be more of a pretext for the Obama administration to pressure Ukraine’s prosecutors to drop an investigation into the Burisma Holdings gas company that employed Hunter Biden and to look for new evidence in a then-dormant criminal case against eventual Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, a GOP lobbyist.

I was just playing with it.

Reactions: Orangeburst

🤣🤣🤣

You would think the number of really good people he had resign their post would cause some of the Trump folks to pause. Mattis, Kelly, Tillerson. There is a reason they all bailed.

I suspect he just orders people around and ignores their well-meaning efforts to help him. Especially if they tell him he is wrong or can't do something. He steps in it over and over (like today, threatening the staffers who talked to the whistleblower) and they spend all their time rescuing him from his own ego.

He jusy is not qualified for the job. He is terrible at it. I imagine once he is gone we are going to hear unbelievable stories about his buffoonery.

VN Store

Back