The Impeachment Thread

President Reagan did not go to war with Iran yet those hostages were released on his inauguration day. He also destroyed the Soviet Union without firing a shot. You can't refute this. Ole peanut was not a foreign policy guy. He was a 55 saves lives guy. Terrible president. And West Berlin is thankful he lost.

Reagan didn't destroy the Soviet Union. He was POTUS when the USSR fell. We all know it was doomed to failure, and Reagan might've sped that process up, but it was an eventuality and you don't get to sell it like that. Communism doesn't work, duh. Reagan ran up the debt when he probably didn't even need to.

I didn't say Reagan went to war with Iran. He did however support Iraq in a war with Iran, where he armed our future enemies. What a great idea that was. Under Reagan, we trained the Taliban to fight the Soviets. What a great idea that was. Reagan ramped up the war on drugs, which has been a colossal failure and we're still suffering today, nearly 40 years later. Reagan grew the debt a ton during a boom.

All of these things came back to bite us in the ass in very big ways.

Also, something I'll never understand...everybody dogs Carter for the Iranian hostage crisis, but why does Reagan get a pass for Beirut? 307 people died in Beirut and Reagan cut and run. Why is Carter weak and Reagan is not?

Then why haven't multiple Presidents been kicked out of the office in the past? Countless examples of past Presidents caught in minor wrongdoings could be cited, yet they never faced impeachment.

inigo_montoya.jpeg

Because like I said, it's up to the discretion of congress.

What does misdemeanor mean to you? I just googled the dictionary definition, so I feel like I got this one right.

(2) Withholding military aid to the Ukraine does qualify as action. The July 25th phone call is circumstantial evidence that Trump was trying to use this aid as leverage for a personal favor. Bolton can cement the evidence with first hand corroborating knowledge.

Ah... Now you're waffling between what he supposedly "tried to" did, and what he actually "did". I asked you to point out precisely where he did what you claimed. He never did anything of the sort.

And I'll ask you to point our precisely...specifically where he "tried" to leverage military aid on that call. Precisely. Specifically. Exactly.

Exactly where in the transcript was the aid leveraged?

Exactly where was the military aid withheld? It was delivered before the deadline.

And for all of your wishes and prayers for "circumstantial" ********, you keep ignoring the posts about Prez Z denying there was any pressure or leveraging. Why is that?

Reactions: AM64
Reagan didn't destroy the Soviet Union. He was POTUS when the USSR fell. We all know it was doomed to failure, and Reagan might've sped that process up, but it was an eventuality and you don't get to sell it like that.

I didn't say Reagan went to war with Iran. He did however support Iraq in a war with Iran, where he armed our future enemies. What a great idea that was. Under Reagan, we trained the Taliban to fight the Soviets. What a great idea that was. Reagan ramped up the war on drugs, which has been a colossal failure and we're still suffering today, nearly 40 years later. Reagan grew the debt a ton during a boom.

All of these things came back to bite us in the ass in very big ways.

Also, something I'll never understand...everybody dogs Carter for the Iranian hostage crisis, but why does Reagan get a pass for Beirut? 307 people died in Beirut and Reagan cut and run. Why is Carter weak and Reagan is not?

LMAO. Reagan didn't destroy the Soviet Union. That's rich.

If aid is released before the deadline can it factually be characterized as withheld?
Yes. Especially, if you have the President telling his National Security Adviser to maintain the hold until the foreign government's leadership complies with his demands.

Yes he knew they had the emails well before the Trump Tower meeting. Of course you would have to believe that the Trump administration would take stolen information they know they couldn't use if it was given to them. That's where Wikileaks comes in. God you're not very smart or logical. Trumper's also exhibit those traits. You really don't separate yourself from them.
Being called dumb by stupid people has never really bothered me.

Because like I said, it's up to the discretion of congress.

What does misdemeanor mean to you? I just googled the dictionary definition, so I feel like I got this one right.
The question should be, "What did the FF intend for it to mean?". Again, when the Senate acquits, are you going to be okay with that "discretion"?

This has been fun, but I've got errands to take care of. I'm out for a bit.

Yes. Especially, if you have the President telling his National Security Adviser to maintain the hold until the foreign government's leadership complies with his demands.

But we agree the "withheld aid" which was way more than the previous administration provided was not delayed?

But we agree the "withheld aid" which was way more than the previous administration provided was not delayed?
Did you know the firing of the corrupt prosecutor that Biden bragged about paved the way for the aid to be approved by congress? Probably not.

Did you know the firing of the corrupt prosecutor that Biden bragged about paved the way for the aid to be approved by congress? Probably not.

Did you know that prosecutor was about to open an investigation into Burisma. A company that Joe's offspring was a board member of? Probably not

Wait. He leveraged the military aid against his National Security Adviser? He wanted his national security adviser to make public statements about Biden investigations?

Reactions: AM64 and vols40

And I am going out on a limb and say the aid given by president 45 was more helpful in their fight against Russia than those MRE's and Blankets Joe and Barry sent.

VN Store

Back