The Impeachment Thread

But we agree the "withheld aid" which was way more than the previous administration provided was not delayed?
No, your whole premise is based on a lie that Donald Trump has perpetuated. This is per FACTCHECK.org :

False Claim Ukraine Got Aid 'Before Schedule' By D'Angelo Gore Posted on January 24, 2020

President Donald Trump, who last year froze hundreds of millions of dollars in security aid for Ukraine, claimed "they got all" of it "long before schedule." That's false.

The freeze that Trump directed lasted about two months last summer and not all of the money was later disbursed on time. Congress had to grant an extension to ensure the government could spend any federal funds on assistance for Ukraine that had not been contracted out by Sept. 30, which was the original deadline set by Congress.

In fact, the Los Angeles Times reported in November that the Department of Defense still had not disbursed more than $35 million of its $250 million in security assistance for Ukraine. And, as of December, there were still $20 million in unobligated defense funds for the U.S. ally, the newspaper discovered.

A Pentagon official told us that, as of January 23, the department had "executed 99.8% of the funds" for Ukraine and was "working to obligate the remainder."

And Ukraine did not receive its aid from the U.S. "long before schedule".

In June, the Defense Department announced its plans to provide the $250 million in security assistance to Ukraine. However, in July, Trump directed the White House Office of Management and Budget to put the aid on hold. He also had OMB block the assistance from the State Department.

It wasn't until about two months later, on Sept. 11, when the White House -- under pressure from members of Congress and administration officials -- released the money.

But because the Defense Department was required to wait another 15 days before it could begin obligating the funds, it wasn't able to spend all of the money before the end of September, when the fiscal year ends.

Congress had to add a provision to a continuing appropriations bill -- which Trump signed into law on September 27 -- allowing the unspent funds to be used in fiscal year 2020.

So, because Trump had to sign the appropriations bill which extended the military aid into the 2020 fiscal year, he is well aware that his claim that the military aid was released "ahead of schedule" is a lie. It is the same lie that the Trump defense team has repeated in their opening statements of the Senate Trial... and it is the same lie which you have repeated on here many times. You build an argument off the basis of a lie, and then ask others to discredit your argument... when the very foundation of your argument is not true. You do this all the time.

Reactions: Mick
Reading comprehension still not your strong. Suit. Please cite the Hindi infractions and show me where they're listed in the Impeachment articles?
Look at the link.

Starr's 11 possible grounds for impeachment.

You just provided us with Trump's own lawyer more or less saying that Trump has committed multiple impeachable offenses.

I might send the link to my followers at the DNC. (for you Hogg)

Your reading comprehension skills suck.
I'll do my best. I promise.

With that out of the way, how can you say that he leveraged military aid against Ukraine in a supposed conversation to someone besides Ukraine? I'm pressing you to show precisely where you have support for what you boldly claimed Trump did. Not wanted, dreamed, planned, schemed, or threatened. What trump did.

You claimed that Trump leveraged military aid against Ukraine. You claimed Trump withheld military aid.

You keep ignoring the elephant in the room, and that is the testimony of Ukrainian Prez that there was no pressure or leverage. You are hand-waving the fact that the aid was delivered ahead of schedule.

So, again... Show us precisely where Trump leveraged aid against Ukraine. Otherwise, you're full of toro caca and are just too proud and politically motivated to admit it.

Reactions: AM64 and vols40
I'll do my best. I promise.

With that out of the way, how can you say that he leveraged military aid against Ukraine in a supposed conversation to someone besides Ukraine? I'm pressing you to show precisely where you have support for what you boldly claimed Trump did. Not wanted, dreamed, planned, schemed, or threatened. What trump did.

You claimed that Trump leveraged military aid against Ukraine. You claimed Trump withheld military aid.

You keep ignoring the elephant in the room, and that is the testimony of Ukrainian Prez that there was no pressure or leverage. You are hand-waving the fact that the aid was delivered ahead of schedule.

So, again... Show us precisely where Trump leveraged aid against Ukraine. Otherwise, you're full of toro caca and are just too proud and politically motivated to admit it.
If only direct first hand knowledge of such activity will suffice... then it really does all boil down to Bolton's word vs Trump's word. I don't see how Senate Republicans can keep Bolton from testifying now, but I guess we will see what happens. Whether its from testimony or a book, Bolton's story will get out.

VN Store

Back