The Impeachment Thread

LMAO, "nearly every impeachment trial in history had witnesses...." so 1 of 2?

The House has impeached 19 federal officers prior to Donald J. Trump.

Trials and witnesses kind of go together, but since Trump did nothing wrong and the Senate is stacked for him, this should all backfire on the Dims, right?

I agree the undoing of a duly elected president by partisan hacks is tyranny

Impeachment is a bulwark against the POTUS wielding his/her uniquely concentrated powers like a tyrant. Should be used more in my opinion.

Even in Clinton's case, where the crime was not a direct abuse of Presidential powers, I'm fine with it, because almost anyone in any other job would have been fired for what he did.

Impeachment is a bulwark against the POTUS wielding his/her uniquely concentrated powers like a tyrant. Should be used more in my opinion.

Even in Clinton's case, where the crime was not a direct abuse of Presidential powers, I'm fine with it, because almost anyone in any other job would have been fired for what he did.
wow. I suggest Cuba or Venezuela would more suit your preference of gubbamint, because that is exactly what you are advocating.

The House has impeached 19 federal officers prior to Donald J. Trump.

Trials and witnesses kind of go together, but since Trump did nothing wrong and the Senate is stacked for him, this should all backfire on the Dims, right?

It very well might. The Dems are so rabid I could see a strategy of letting them get all lathered up for Bolton, "caving" to their demand for witnesses and him coming in and saying "nope, Trump never told me aid was dependent on an investigation". Now the Rs get to call their witnesses.

Clinton got a blow job in the oval office and lied only in an attempt to protect his marriage. That's child's play compared to what Trump has done. If Trump even had the balls to show up and take the oath he'd have already lied multiple times under oath because that's who he is. He's simply dodging congress like he dodged the draft.

Progress, you're half way there.

If you are just glossing over the fact that Clinton lied under oath then you are the problem. Repeatedly lied under oath and tried to have others do the same. What man in his right mind wouldn't be salivating at the thought of Hillary leaving him? Rule of law means rule of law. Not when it's convenient it to protect your marriage. When you lie under oath that's a problem.

It very well might. The Dems are so rabid I could see a strategy of letting them get all lathered up for Bolton, "caving" to their demand for witnesses and him coming in and saying "nope, Trump never told me aid was dependent on an investigation". Now the Rs get to call their witnesses.

That would actually be classic Mitch McConnell if this was all a set up. The turtle plays dirty and don't stop for breaks. Ask Aesop.

VN Store

Back