The Impeachment Thread

It very well might. The Dems are so rabid I could see a strategy of letting them get all lathered up for Bolton, "caving" to their demand for witnesses and him coming in and saying "nope, Trump never told me aid was dependent on an investigation". Now the Rs get to call their witnesses.

And even if Bolton did it's not impeachable.

Reactions: VolnJC
They would convict. Might not remove but I think if he confirmed they would convict.

Respectfully disagree. But you may be right. I just don't think with all that has happened they would convict. If they do the Republican party will take years to get back in the majority.

Impeachment is a bulwark against the POTUS wielding his/her uniquely concentrated powers like a tyrant. Should be used more in my opinion.

Even in Clinton's case, where the crime was not a direct abuse of Presidential powers, I'm fine with it, because almost anyone in any other job would have been fired for what he did.

I agree on the last part of your statement

Respectfully disagree. But you may be right. I just don't think with all that has happened they would convict. If they do the Republican party will take years to get back in the majority.

They have been know to shoot themselves in the foot before.

Reactions: AM64
Apparently Trump has officially threatened Bolton, not just about testifying but also about releasing the book at all. A letter issued to Bolton. Well, that's about par for the course with this WH. If you dare tell the truth, you are fired and threatened.

Apparently Trump has officially threatened Bolton, not just about testifying but also about releasing the book at all. A letter issued to Bolton. Well, that's about par for the course with this WH. If you dare tell the truth, you are fired and threatened.

Yeah, more anonymous sources.

Reactions: AM64 and VolnJC

VN Store

Back