The Impeachment Thread

Have you ever heard of a trial being ended because the prosecutors were correct, but the trial abruptly ended anyway because one juror didn't believe the guilty party should be punished at all? Read this portion of Senator Lamar Alexander's statement. These are the 2nd and 3rd tweets of Senator Alexander's 15 tweet statement, which was posted 3 hours ago:

"There is no need for more evidence to prove that the president asked Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden and his son, Hunter; he said this on television on October 3, 2019, and during his July 25, 2019, telephone call with the president of Ukraine." 2/15

"There is no need for more evidence to conclude that the president withheld United States aid, at least in part, to pressure Ukraine to investigate the Bidens; the House managers have proved this with what they call a "mountain of evidence." 3/15
And Blumenthal just a day or so ago said the case hasn’t been made. If it is so split down the line then it isn’t clear enough to convict and remove.

I have no problem with people that vote for Trump because they think he has surrounded himself with deregulators and that's good for business. That is a perfectly valid reason to vote for him.

But on just about every other major policy level, Trump has proven himself either to be a simpleton incapable of maintaining any semblance of a strategy (see e.g. basically every foreign policy moment he has confronted so far), or he seems to me to intentionally appeal to the worst of human nature.

Anyone that would vote for Trump based on his foreign policy acumen should pretty much be shot. The guy is an imbecile when it comes to foreign policy. And when political and career service folks try to corral him a little bit he flips his lid and fires them. Pompeo can barely keep the job and he routinely sucks Trump's you-know-what politically.

Anyone that votes for him on the social issues, as he promotes bigotry and is anti-knowledge, well, they are lost at this point and will never depart from Trump's orbit, no matter what he does. He gives voice to their antagonism and resentment. Just have to hope that in time the populace becomes better educated to the point that such folks dwindle to the point of not being a significant voter block.

So vote for him because you think he's good for the economy, fine. I may disagree with you about the long term efficacy of what he is doing, but that's hard to aritculate on either side right now. Vote for him on foreign policy or social issues, and there's no point in arguing because we are reasoning at far different levels.

What if we vote for him because we want to end illegal immigration? Does that make us white supremacists? What if we like his policy of only allowing immigrants who can prove that they can sustain themselves and not be on the gov't dole? What if he wants to end the birth tourism ruse? What if they like his pro life stance? His justices?

Most Republicans i know despise his style but love his policies. They feared he'd be a RHINO 4 yrs ago but he's proven to them that he is for conservative policies

Remember this classic lie from Adam Schitt in 2019....... I don't know who the whistleblower is but .........

View attachment 257863
That doesn't mean that he knew who he was in 2019. But it doesn't matter anymore anyway. Lying politicians are now acceptable, even applauded depending on whether or not its your guy doing the lying. Our democracy is circling the drain.

What if we vote for him because we want to end illegal immigration? Does that make us white supremacists? What if we like his policy of only allowing immigrants who can prove that they can sustain themselves and not be on the gov't dole? What if he wants to end the birth tourism ruse? What if they like his pro life stance? His justices?

Most Republicans i know despise his style but love his policies. They feared he'd be a RHINO 4 yrs ago but he's proven to them that he is for conservative policies

I would point out to you that there are literally millions -- millions -- of white Republicans on the public dole.

VN Store

Back