The Impeachment Thread

You are 100% FOS! In your last reply you substituted your phrase of “he shouldn’t be punished” for “does not meet the high bar of impeachment”. Alexander has never said he shouldn’t be punished he clearly states what he did doesn’t meet the bar for the outcome that libs want but has not offered an opinion on alternative outcomes! You’re making that up plain and simple.

😘 <- just for you as they appear to be having the desired affect.
It's called surmising... by not meeting the high bar of impeachment, Alexander is saying he doesn't think Trump should be punished with the only sanction available to the Senate - removal from office. I haven't rewritten any of Alexander's tweets. I have taken them verbatim and I have discussed them all.

It's called surmising... by not meeting the high bar of impeachment, Alexander is saying he doesn't think Trump should be punished with the only sanction available to the Senate - removal from office. I haven't rewritten any of Alexander's tweets. I have taken them verbatim and I have discussed them all.
No it’s called making **** up and inserting your own inference. Alexander has offered no opinion on censure or other punitive measures stop misrepresenting it.

No, I'm not. I'm just not addressing the whole 15 tweet statement with every post. I have said that the premise of Alexander's logic is sound. It basically is jury nullification, however. He believes that Trump is guilty as charged of Abuse of Power under Article I... Alexander just doesn't believe that Trump should be punished for it.

If something isn’t an impeachable offense then there is no abuse of power. The only abuse of power has been the dims dragging this out for nothing.

No, I'm not. I'm just not addressing the whole 15 tweet statement with every post. I have said that the premise of Alexander's logic is sound. It basically is jury nullification, however. He believes that Trump is guilty as charged of Abuse of Power under Article I... Alexander just doesn't believe that Trump should be punished for it.
If the Senate is the jury, and the senate says the accusations don't rise to the level of a crime, how is that jury nullification?

Wrong! I haven't "rewritten" a damn thing... and I have discussed Sen. Alexander's statement in it's totality. It is pointless to try and have a reasonable debate on here. Emotions come into play too much and other people's words are misrepresented. I've been thorough in fully interpreting what Alexander wrote.
This is rich.

The problem is that your discussion repaints them, adds to them, and then cops out of having done so by calling it "surmising".

The problem is that your discussion repaints them, adds to them, and then cops out of having done so by calling it "surmising".
Would anyone disagree with this brief and simple summary of the Alexander statement?

No more evidence is required because the accusation under Article I that Trump withheld aid to the Ukraine for the purpose of encouraging them to investigate a political opponent has already been proven. However, this did not justify an impeachment of the president, or his removal from office. Article II is completely baseless and should not have been brought forth.

Would anyone disagree with this brief and simple summary of the Alexander statement?

No more evidence is required because the accusation under Article I that Trump withheld aid to the Ukraine for the purpose of encouraging them to investigate a political opponent has already been proven. However, this did not justify an impeachment of the president, or his removal from office. Article II is completely baseless and should not have been brought forth.
What does that have to do with the fact that you added your imagination to the above, claimed you didn't, and then got all pissy when people pointed out that you added your imagination to it while claiming you hadn't?

Oh... And edit to add, the "pissy" part was:

Emotions come into play too much and other people's words are misrepresented.

Emotionally bemoaned as you misrepresented someone's words.

RINO Never Trumper Joe Scarborough is very bitter with President Trump's coming acquittal :D:rolleyes:

Sour-Grapes Scarborough 'Fine' with Acquittal: 'Will Just Make Republicans Look Worse'

This is where voting for no more witness or for acquittal largely along political lines is a setup for winning the battle and losing the war. This action by the dems was never about right or wrong - we all know that - some just won't admit it; it's always been about discredit and the 2020 elections. The dims struck first with their partisanship - then right or wrong the GOP is last ... except in this case the last score may not be the one that wins the game. We'll have to see what happens next because voters have notoriously short memories, media beats the drums for favored agendas unceasingly, so it's who plays the best "what have you done for me lately" for the win and voting for no witness or for acquittal may not be the better strategy.

It wasn’t proven, tgey got the ****ing money and no investigation of Creepy Joe or Burisma was initiated. There was no mention of aid on either phone call as well. Wtf don’t you guys get ? Thoughts, intentions, desires are not an impeachable offense!

If the Senate is the jury, and the senate says the accusations don't rise to the level of a crime, how is that jury nullification?
About 47% say it rises to the level of removal.

Plus, even Alexander said clearly that Trump was guilty as charged.

VN Store

Back