The Impeachment Thread

You do realize this is their third strikeout, right? You're saying he's lobbing pitches and they suck at the plate that badly?
Not really. They didn't strike out; they just didn't hit a grand slam. I view their 3 previous at bats as all ending with solid contact being made. A couple even led to base hits.

Oh hell no. Voting for an R or a D over the person is asinine and borderline idiotic. This is one of the reasons we need to abolish parties - to pull America's heads out of our collective butts and get back to knowing what's going on instead of pressing a button like a good little Pavlovian voter.
Is your head in the sand? Look at the damn vote. Look at almost every vote. They vote party line. Look at how the SC Justices vote. It makes no difference who they are.

in raw numbers maybe but the Andrew Johnson impeachment trial had more votes to convict than acquit and fell only one vote short of convicting. This one wasn't even close.
Recognizing parody doesn’t seem to be your strength. Maybe you should sit this one out. @Orangeslice13 too. Maybe this is the first time opening this thread for both of you, since 12/18.

Or maybe you’re just salty over the most bipartisan, most successful impeachment of all time. 😂

This should prove to everyone what I have been saying for some time. Also, it represents the reason I couldn't vote for Bredesen after voting for him twice for Governor. Vote for the party, not the man (or woman). It makes no difference who they are. Party is everything.
Authoritarian dream.

Not really. They didn't strike out; they just didn't hit a grand slam. I view their 3 previous at bats as all ending with solid contact being made. A couple even led to base hits.
So you’re giving the democrats the equivalent of a t-ball participation trophy?

Sounds about right.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
The "well at least it was bipartisan to convict" crowd (even though it was 1 vote) is like saying:

Yeah, we lost the big game but my buddy's second-cousin got a first down in the 4th qtr
Disagree. This is as good a day as the democrats could have hoped for. Of course, the absolute worst it could have been for the Democrats would probably have been 55-45, so that’s not saying much.

Is your head in the sand? Look at the damn vote. Look at almost every vote. They vote party line. Look at how the SC Justices vote. It makes no difference who they are.

Hence why we need to abolish parties. Parties are just political unions with tighter control and harsher punishments for members who think for themselves or vote on behalf of their constituents.

Reactions: JCP201
This should prove to everyone what I have been saying for some time. Also, it represents the reason I couldn't vote for Bredesen after voting for him twice for Governor. Vote for the party, not the man (or woman). It makes no difference who they are. Party is everything.
I used to agree, while I could never vote for a worthless dem I will also never vote for another RINO like McCain or Romney

Reactions: 508mikey
That's odd seeing as how the democrats just had one.
It’s not a moral victory, it’s a political victory. It’s why Trump was so desperate to hold the party in line and wanted to flip Manchin or one of the other democrats. It’s why Trump Jr. wants Romney tossed from the party. It’s not as big as it would have been if they managed to get over 50 (obviously they wouldn’t get 67 even if they caught Trump strangling Yovanovitch with his own hands on the senate floor), but it helps the democrat’s with their narrative (which was realistically the best they could have hoped for given the Trump enablers in the senate).

Last edited:
I can’t imagine Pelosi is happy today, if she’s sober right now she has to be pissed. I don’t think she wanted to do this because she knew the outcome but she allowed the squad and bug eyes to push her into it

No, they lost.

If they would have simply censured him, they would have a W on the board.
A censure victory at the hands of an impeachment loss.
Now that they have the impeachment on the books, they may take the quick and easy censure route on Trump's soon to be next screw up.....unless of course it's a big screw up, then back to impeachment.

It's kind of like this. You buy a Power Ball ticket, you do not win the jackpot. That's a loss.
But you to get four numbers and match the power ball and win $50,000. That's a win. (call it a moral victory)
Didn't get the big win (which I never really expected) but I did get some victory.

Reactions: tvolsfan
I can’t imagine Pelosi is happy today, if she’s sober right now she has to be pissed. I don’t think she wanted to do this because she knew the outcome but she allowed the squad and bug eyes to push her into it
I’m sure that’s what you want to believe lol.

VN Store

Back