The Impeachment Thread

Luther is under a tremendous strain right now. When he resorts to saying that our millennials are proof that the US hasn't lost it's mind, it's really sheer desperation time. My parents were the generation credited with making the country what it is, and I definitely think I am much more in tune with what they did than newbies who never knew that generation ... that's not to disparage people younger than I, but simply to point out that the parents and grandparents (not just mine but my friends) were here and hard at work during difficult times. Times that meant true struggle and hardship in life and death times ... not losing it because a president asks an "inappropriate" question.
I may not see myself as measuring up to the men my Dad and Grandad were in many ways, but I work retail part time in addition to my full time job, and I saw a young man the other day with atleast three colors in his hair and knew one day he'd be making decisions that affected me. OK, probably not. But, I digress. To your point, yes the lack of character, and nads these days is alarming. Safe spaces everybody. Safe spaces.
You guys better hurry or you are going to miss the early bird special at the Morrison's Cafeteria. I think Thursday is pistachio pudding night.

Fighting age induced cynicism isn't a battle all can win.

Three hair colors???? Heavens to Betsy!!!!

Nothing more predictable than the "it's the libs' fault we're Trump leg humpers" shtick.
It's the libs' fault congressional republicans capitulate to all things Trump.
It's the libs' fault the republican party didn't take out Trump on their own and now fully support him.

I can't blame you a bit for not wanting to take ownership of your support. It must be both embarrassing and humiliating.
But the blame on the libs tactic is not going to provide you that much sought after cover. We aint buying what you're selling.
Trump is yours to ride or die.
Speaking of support, and lack thereof...

https://www.c-span.org/video/?468650-1/state-union-reaction

LOL @ 5:58.
"I used to be a Democrat, but I am no longer. I will..."

"Ooh. I'm sorry I cut you off."

How can you say that Donald Trump was "100% exonerated by Congress" when Donald Trump wasn't even 100% exonerated by his own party? You may not like it, but it will always be a fact that Republican Senator Mitt Romney, voted in favor of Trump's conviction and removal from office. Also, Trump wasn't "100% exonerated by Mueller", either. The Mueller report didn't draw a conclusion as to the question of obstruction of justice. Much of the defense of Trump in this thread is based on misrepresentations of established facts, and outright lies.
So what was he convicted of?

Anything in the Mueller report? Anything in the Articles of Impeachment? Did the Articles of Impeachment include anything from the Mueller report?

No?

He's still, 100%, the President. Is that a lie or misrepresentation of fact?

Reactions: vols40 and AM64
So what was he convicted of?

Anything in the Mueller report? Anything in the Articles of Impeachment? Did the Articles of Impeachment include anything from the Mueller report?

No?

He's still, 100%, the President. Is that a lie or misrepresentation of fact?
Not being convicted is not the same thing as being "100% exonerated". And the Mueller report did not exonerate Trump of obstruction of justice. That was a lie.

How can you say that Donald Trump was "100% exonerated by Congress" when Donald Trump wasn't even 100% exonerated by his own party? You may not like it, but it will always be a fact that Republican Senator Mitt Romney, voted in favor of Trump's conviction and removal from office. Also, Trump wasn't "100% exonerated by Mueller", either. The Mueller report didn't draw a conclusion as to the question of obstruction of justice. Much of the defense of Trump in this thread is based on misrepresentations of established facts, and outright lies... and 5 idiots gave this a "like". Good lord.

EPooJ6zWAAE3HoK.jpg

Reactions: AM64
Luther is under a tremendous strain right now. When he resorts to saying that our millennials are proof that the US hasn't lost it's mind, it's really sheer desperation time. My parents were the generation credited with making the country what it is, and I definitely think I am much more in tune with what they did than newbies who never knew that generation ... that's not to disparage people younger than I, but simply to point out that the parents and grandparents (not just mine but my friends) were here and hard at work during difficult times. Times that meant true struggle and hardship in life and death times ... not losing it because a president asks an "inappropriate" question.
I got two lard kettles in front of my house that my grandmother used for more than 50 years. My mom knew how to use them also. Sadly, that's not something that I learned how to do. I give anything to be able to go to an "ole timey" school and learn the lost arts of living on your own.

You guys better hurry or you are going to miss the early bird special at the Morrison's Cafeteria. I think Thursday is pistachio pudding night.

Fighting age induced cynicism isn't a battle all can win.

Three hair colors???? Heavens to Betsy!!!!

Tread lightly bud.

Nothing more predictable than the "it's the libs' fault we're Trump leg humpers" shtick.
It's the libs' fault the republican party didn't take out Trump on their own and now fully support him.

I can't blame you a bit for not wanting to take ownership of your support. It must be both embarrassing and humiliating.
But the blame on the libs tactic is not going to provide you that much sought after cover. We aint buying what you're selling.

On the political front there's probably one thing we can agree on ... I don't care for Trump as a person - maybe even on par with you. As far as what this country stands for, you and I are far far apart. I absolutely don't care if someone asks a tough or indelicate question that probably should have been asked long ago, and it doesn't bother me in the least to disagree with your party's concept of changing social norms. If you or anyone else had suggested that I would vote for Trump five years ago, I'd have told you no way in hell. I still dislike him as a person, but I'll vote for him again because he doesn't represent what your party does, and as crass and crude as he is, he's done far more for (not to) this county than any president in my lifetime ... and Truman was president when I was born.

Saddle up, Nancy.

(See HRC).

Reactions: AM64
Not being convicted is not the same thing as being "100% exonerated". And the Mueller report did not exonerate Trump of obstruction of justice. That was a lie.
So why didn't the House use what you think was found in the Mueller Report in their Articles of Impeachment? They didn't even mention the Mueller Report did they, or did they not?

On the political front there's probably one thing we can agree on ... I don't care for Trump as a person - maybe even on par with you. As far as what this country stands for, you and I are far far apart. I absolutely don't care if someone asks a tough or indelicate question that probably should have been asked long ago, and it doesn't bother me in the least to disagree with your party's concept of changing social norms. If you or anyone else had suggested that I would vote for Trump five years ago, I'd have told you no way in hell. I still dislike him as a person, but I'll vote for him again because he doesn't represent what your party does, and as crass and crude as he is, he's done far more for (not to) this county than any president in my lifetime ... and Truman was president when I was born.

My sentiments exactly. Except I don't go back to Truman. As far as being old enough to understand presidents, I remember the Nixon stuff on TV on that end of his presidency. I suppose LBJ was actually president when I was born.

So why didn't the House use what you think was found in the Mueller Report in their Articles of Impeachment? They didn't even mention the Mueller Report did they, or did they not?
The House Democrats wanted the impeachment hearings to be focused Trump's withholding aid to the Ukraine and the purpose behind that hold. Sen. Lamar Alexander's statement released last week, makes it clear that at least some Republican Senators agree that the hold was placed, at least in part, to encourage an investigation into a political opponent... and that was inappropriate. There is no way that Alexander releases such a statement without the consent of Sen. Mitch McConnell. I don't think Lamar goes to the bathroom without Mitch's permission.

This x 1000

The House Democrats wanted the impeachment hearings to be focused Trump's withholding aid to the Ukraine and the purpose behind that hold. Sen. Lamar Alexander's statement released last week, makes it clear that at least some Republican Senators agree that the hold was placed, at least in part, to encourage an investigation into a political opponent... and that was inappropriate. There is no way that Alexander releases such a statement without the consent of Sen. Mitch McConnell. I don't think Lamar goes to the bathroom without Mitch's permission.

Key term there. INAPPROPRIATE.

Same sentiment from Republican Kennedy of Louisiana. But, not illegal or impeachable in their assessment as well.

How can you say that Donald Trump was "100% exonerated by Congress" when Donald Trump wasn't even 100% exonerated by his own party? You may not like it, but it will always be a fact that Republican Senator Mitt Romney, voted in favor of Trump's conviction and removal from office. Also, Trump wasn't "100% exonerated by Mueller", either. The Mueller report didn't draw a conclusion as to the question of obstruction of justice. Much of the defense of Trump in this thread is based on misrepresentations of established facts, and outright lies... and 5 idiots gave this a "like". Good lord.

You work in a bank, so maybe numbers will make it easier to understand.

Here’s an equation for you:

([% convicted] + [% exonerated]) * 100 = 1

Fill in the [% convicted] term and then solve for [% exonerated].

Key term there. INAPPROPRIATE.

Same sentiment from Republican Kennedy of Louisiana. But, not illegal or impeachable in their assessment as well.
Then that is not "100% exoneration", is it? Those Republican Senators are acknowledging that Trump did exactly what he was accused of doing under Article I : Abuse of Power in the articles of impeachment... and they are admitting that it was wrong.

VN Store

Back