The Impeachment Thread

I didn't realize there were "changing stories" about the funding. It's certainly a question worthy of an answer. Or a link would suffice.

Granted, I'm not sure it's impeachment worthy. If Trump was the first President to withhold funding as a form of coercion, I'd be shocked. I'm sure it's never happened...

Oh wait. My bad.

Yes, I can tell you who started the nations divisions. Political parties, the media picking sides and politicians that get rich off "sticking it" to the other guy. I can also tell you who is divided. Brainless idiots that toe the party line without ever even doing a hint of research and believe everything they hear on Twitter or Breitbart or CNN. Case in point...

I work with an individual that's a lesbian. No big deal, who you sleep with doesn't concern me. Anyway, we were talking about Chick-fil-A. She says "they don't like my kind there."

Huh? As far as I know they'll take your gay money just as much as a straight person's. "How did you know this?"

"Heard about it. They hate gay people."

"Where?"

"All over Facebook and Twitter. Chick-fil-A hates gay people."

Okay, she's a moron who doesn't do an ounce of research into the matter because it's a well known fact the owner donated to the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and believes in traditional marriage. Has nothing to do with the restaurant. Before anyone asks, no, she's not hot...anyway.

Point being, we are rapidly approaching a Balkanization of a lot of individuals because they have zero inclination to actually do the research on the topic at hand and believe what anyone tells them. I remember a movie, Screamers, that came out a long time ago. One quote in particular I will always remember where Peter Weller tells one of the young troopers "You'd fight for any son of a bitch if he convinced you you were right."

People are pretty much wanting to be convinced they are "right" and allow themselves to be divided by politicians that thrive on it and the media which gets their rocks off reporting on it.

Story went from he wanted to be sure Ukraine was honest, to Europe needed to give more money. If you actually look up the clip of the latter it obvious he's FOS. I will never understand why the continuous BS has become acceptable to anyone.

There's plenty of real and perceived divisions to be exploited. Trump's campaign took it to the level it never should have gone.

But more on topic, I believe truth will be forthcoming, just not from Trump.

That's how these conspiratorial right wing "news" organizations work. They include some facts in their articles or tweets, but take that extra step of sharing something "explosive", "breaking", "end of the Deep State/Dims", etc. that is an outright fabricated lie or something so horribly based on conjecture and speculation that it borders on pure insanity. They beat the drum about it for a while, echoing each other across social media, until the Red Hats just accept it as fact.
Then it is proven false by numerous organizations, facts, evidence, studies, what have you, and the hacks in the infotainment sphere just start screeching about Deep State cover ups and coups. "Of course they can't prove it, the Deep State covered up the evidence! Dirty Dim anti-American Hillary Obama Librulz!!! But we have super secret documents that prove it is all about to come crumbling down. Trump is draining the Swamp! Like and subscribe for more details!"

Rinse. Repeat. Throw in a whataboutism every 3.7 minutes and some angry rage tweets in all caps from that idiot in the White House and here we are, trapped in some horrifically bastardized version of Groundhog Day.
"Vast right wing conspiracy" both sides do the same thing.

Did the burning and hanging effigies of Obama get much press? How quickly was the Trump head spread across the media?

No, it's not impeachment worthy. Not before you actually read the complaint, read the transcript (verbatim, not Schiff-like) and see what the situation is. She appointed that impeachment committee before any of that came out.

Suspicious, no? Like she finally gave in.

Now, Mitch did say he wanted to make Obama a one term President. But I don't recall him gunning for impeachment before he even took office. Shall I start posting articles showing how many Democrats called for impeachment before President Trump was inaugurated? There are quite a few, though likely buried 50 pages deep on a Google search at this point. Regardless, how many times were articles of impeachment introduced in the House during Obama's Presidency?

If you're equating what some mouthbreathers on here say about Michelle Obama as the opinion of the general public of the United States, I'm thinking you need to get out more.

Regardless of the popular vote, the people using the proxy of the Electoral College voted him in. Lest you forget, Al Gore also won the popular vote. Probably a good thing he didn't win since he's turned into a hypocritical moonbat...anyway.

I think you're giving Pelosi more credit at the moment than she deserves. I do think she's a canny politician. I don't think she has complete control of the party at this point.
To be fair, social media is much different now than in 2008. Hence the lack of spread of images of Obama effigies being burned alive and hung from a noose.

She probably knew. She wouldn't launch this inquiry with just a transcript. She knew there was more.

President Obama's election victories were not tainted by foreign influence. Hence no talk of immediate impeachment.

Pelois has stonewalled the party before and got them in line. I don't think this narrative of "out of control" democrats has any merit. There is more going on than we know. She wouldn't let this inquiry go through otherwise.

Reactions: Obsessed and VolnJC
This get out the vote effort for trump is really heating up.

I bet you guys never thought you would type the word whistle blower this many times in a one week period, eh?

This get out the vote effort for trump is really heating up.

I bet you guys never thought you would type the word whistle blower this many times in a one week period, eh?

The blowback is going to be severe. This is nothing but a sugar high for them.
I just hate seeing our nation come to this and this is making it ungovernable for long after Trump is gone.

Reactions: hjeagle1vol
The form that the ICIG said hadn’t been changed?
I am not trying to parse all of that again. We had a discussion where I expressed these same musings of GOP Congressmen is all. I pointed out I was speculating. I’m apparently not the only one speculating and questioning. I’m not offering these up as “AHA!” stories.

Yes dude, I'm right. She was within her rights to boycott a company that donates to organizations that would see her rights be taken away, if not worse. Good on her.

Waaa 😭. Poor little feelings. You’re perfectly fine if someone donates to an all minority cause or to some gay pride bs but offended that Christians donate to Christian causes. Eat mor Chikin

Should the chief executive abdicate his duty to look into foreign election interference just because Biden is running? How would you feel if Biden was not running?

LOL, seriously? Trump was just investigating crime?

We once had a case, guy showed up to a sting with a bottle of alcohol and condoms, thinking he was meeting a 14 year old girl he met on line. He got arrested and sued claiming he was just doing his own criminal investigation. Yeah right. He was a hero.

Please. Trump just investigating crime? That's just the dumbest argument you've made so far, and that's saying a lot.

LOL, seriously? Trump was just investigating crime?

We once had a case, guy showed up to a sting with a bottle of alcohol and condoms, thinking he was meeting a 14 year old girl he met on line. He got arrested and sued claiming he was just doing his own criminal investigation. Yeah right. He was a hero.

Please. Trump just investigating crime? That's just the dumbest argument you've made so far, and that's saying a lot.

Yea it’s the same because Trump was entrapped by an imposter and there were no shady dealings by the Bidens.

To be fair, social media is much different now than in 2008. Hence the lack of spread of images of Obama effigies being burned alive and hung from a noose.

She probably knew. She wouldn't launch this inquiry with just a transcript. She knew there was more.

President Obama's election victories were not tainted by foreign influence. Hence no talk of immediate impeachment.

Pelois has stonewalled the party before and got them in line. I don't think this narrative of "out of control" democrats has any merit. There is more going on than we know. She wouldn't let this inquiry go through otherwise.

And here I thought Obama was the first "social media" President.

No, it was quite active when he was elected. I'm fairly sure if celebrities started posting effigies of Obama being burned or hung, they would have made their way into the mainstream media. Oh wait...they did. Just ask Ted Nugent how that worked out. I do think he's about the only celebrity that made such comments in public. Can't say the same about the one's going after Trump.

Now, if you really want to go down the road of "she knew there was more" you aren't going to like the way this conversation turns out. Because you're basically implying she knew what the complaint said before it was released and furthermore, that the author had help from someone in Congress as has been implied.

Collusion and conspiracy anyone? Especially based on second and third hand information. I'd be real careful pursuing this line.

Anyway, she had stonewalled the party. But with the "Squad" getting all the press, Liz Warren (known extreme left member of the DNC) climbing in the polls and the increased press on the clamor for impeachment, she likely had to act or else lose control after the next election.

Waaa 😭. Poor little feelings. You’re perfectly fine if someone donates to an all minority cause or to some gay pride bs but offended that Christians donate to Christian causes. Eat mor Chikin
There should be orphanages all over the country, turn one chicken sandwich into 50 and feed the hungry. Actuall what are christian causes anymore, missions to Africa and South America?

VN Store

Back