The Impeachment Thread

You can’t have a functioning democracy if the president (and 40 percent of the country) thinks strong arming (or bribing) other countries into investigating his opponents is fine.
Because he was and is being investigated for something the accusers have done. So blind to the fact that you cant see the irony?

Because he was and is being investigated for something the accusers have done. So blind to the fact that you cant see the irony?
I’m not the one pretending conspiracy theories are facts.

You know how I know the Biden/Ukraine “scandal” is ********? When it actually happened nobody on the right said a damn thing. It’s completely revisionist history.

Sure but why have Us voters let it get to this point? Trump vs Hillary/Biden/Warren? We should be ready to blow the whole thing up and start over rather than praise a clown as being the best we can do
It's a philosophical thing. You can combat it by voting 3rd party or by holding your nose and playing field position football.

Probably what it will take is a Ross Perot type with deep pockets to actually win and turn the system on its ear.

Reactions: tennvols77
I’ll risk high taxes over an actual threat to democracy. And yes, he has already proven to be a threat.

I believe your “actual threat to democracy “ post has been addressed once in the other thread where Progressive liberals in NY are passing laws forbidding free speech . That’s an example of an ACTUAL threat to democracy . So yeah

Last edited:
I believe your “actual threat to democracy “ post as been addressed once in the other thread where Progressive liberals in NY are passing laws forbidding free speech . That’s an example of an ACTUAL threat to democracy . So yeah
Which laws forbid free speech?

It's a philosophical thing. You can combat it by voting 3rd party or by holding your nose and playing field position football.

Probably what it will take is a Ross Perot type with deep pockets to actually win and turn the system on its ear.
Except the opportunity was there and the GOP went off the rails with their pick. There are some sane options in the party but they get relegated to the back of the bus when it comes time to follow thru on policy issues. I'm all for defeating extremists but you don't do it this way imo

Reactions: JCP201
Except the opportunity was there and the GOP went off the rails with their pick. There are some sane options in the party but they get relegated to the back of the bus when it comes time to follow thru on policy issues. I'm all for defeating extremists but you don't do it this way imo
I was a Kasich guy as long as I could be.

Reactions: JCP201 and tvolsfan
Trillion dollar deficits and useless trade wars can have the same effect
Why do you think many of us red hats disagree with you? Right now if Rand Paul throws his hat in the ring in 2024 and campaigns on fiscal reform hell I’ll consider doing local campaigning for him!

Reactions: VolnJC
I was a Kasich guy as long as I could be.
Hell I went all Gary Johnson as I didn’t believe Trump would even attempt to stick to his campaign agenda. In hindsight I wish I had voted for him, but every day I hope he loses his Twitter login info too.

Why do you think many of us red hats disagree with you? Right now if Rand Paul throws his hat in the ring in 2024 and campaigns on fiscal reform hell I’ll consider doing local campaigning for him!
Why? Because you elected Trump and most want to keep him in office

Paul was in the field last go round too

Question for Republicans here: Why defend Trump? Why not support a different 2020 candidate?

You surely know that Trump is a RINO. That he - in 2014 for example - gave money to Kamala Harris' campaign. That he's given money to HRC. That he's given money and supported Democrats in the past. I mean the only reason he ran as a Republican was, essentially, that that was his only option other than being an Ind.

Why not dump the stupid mfer and back someone whose a real Republican? What happened to GOP balanced budgets? What happened to free trade? Is this the new Republican way? Does the old GOP exist any more?

Donald J. Trump is a lifelong liberal Democrat. He's literally on the precipice of singlehandedly destroying the GOP.
Maybe someday you'll figure out both parties are in it for themselves and not " we the people"

Hell I went all Gary Johnson as I didn’t believe Trump was even attempt to stick to his campaign agenda. In hindsight I wish I had voted for him, but every day I hope he loses his Twitter login info too.
And you were right! Why now support a guy who you know lied?

VN Store

Back