The Impeachment Thread

So throughout this I wondered why Volker resigned. Upon reading that transcript I can only speculate that the choice is closely tied to an extremely deep rooted desire to choke the ever loving **** out of Rudy Giuliani 🤷‍♂️

Personally, I wish somebody would.

Serious question:
What could Volker have said that would have made you think “ah ****. They really do have him now?”
Well maybe if his version of events had just even barely lined up with what Schitt et al have been saying on the matter?🤷‍♂️

Volker clearly and emphatically drove a stake in the heart of quid pro quo.

And I’m guessing he’s got another stake he’s saving if he can get within swinging range of Rudy.

Reactions: AirVol and AM64
Well maybe if his version of events had just even barely lined up with what Schitt et al have been saying on the matter?🤷‍♂️

Volker clearly and emphatically drove a stake in the heart of quid pro quo.

And I’m guessing he’s got another stake he’s saving if he can get within swinging range of Rudy.
So if there was a quid pro quo that would bother you?

Just read the damn transcript then zep 🤷‍♂️
Really? That's it? This is the smoking gun to end the impeachment proceedings? All that did was exonerate Joe Biden (multiple times) and confirm that Guiliani is a blithering idiot. This is why I don't trust these "bombshell" reports from right wing media. This doesn't move the needle at all on anything.

Tagging people since I was told to read it by three different posters: @W.TN.Orange Blood and @VolnJC

Reactions: VolnJC
So if there was a quid pro quo that would bother you?
I don’t believe any elected official should use the weight of their office for political gain. However I also live in the real world and know it happens every day. I see daily examples of our Dallas City Council members as shining reminders. To amplify that by not just benefiting but in fact destroying a direct political rival I think is exceptionally heinous. Again I know it happens every day however. Doesn’t make it right though. And the higher the political office the more egregious the offense.

If Kurt Volker has indicated that yes he believed there was pressure asserted directly by Trump with specific focus on Joe Biden, not via proxy with Hunter Biden and Burisma, I would have a problem with that. I don’t mean to to excuse proxy focus either however.

This far it appears Volker has gone out of his way to indicate that is exactly not what is happening and has worked very hard (countering Rudy’s influence) to prevent that condition from developing. Volker is a Tillerson acolyte and I’ll bet isn’t a personal fan of Trump. However he came off as genuine from what I’ve seen and is clearly the most informed and truly believes in the task he was given. And he came off genuine in conveying his personal affections for Ukraine and it’s people. So I’ll take his testimony as having the most weight thus far and his explicit testimony is what I wanted to hear.

I wish there was some way to see if Volker could be re-engaged with Ukraine diplomacy. However from reading his statement I am going to guess that as long as Giuliani has Trump’s ear that is a non starter.

Reactions: AM64
Really? That's it? This is the smoking gun to end the impeachment proceedings? All that did was exonerate Joe Biden (multiple times) and confirm that Guiliani is a blithering idiot. This is why I don't trust these "bombshell" reports from right wing media. This doesn't move the needle at all on anything.

Tagging people since I was told to read it by three different posters: @W.TN.Orange Blood and @VolnJC
There. Was. No. Quid. Pro. Quo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VN Store

Back