The Impeachment Thread

Maybe it’s because Biden was advancing a policy goal that was independently laid out by the state department as any benefit to him was tangential to the furtherance of US interests which, as you said, happens all the time.

Uh huh...

And he shouldn't have claimed a conflict of interest and recused himself?

There's the problem. People can't even bring up everything but Trump without getting blamed for "whataboutism." Because of both used their positions for gain, both are guilty.

Yet, only one is getting attention. Why hasn't the DNC dropped Biden like a hot rock?

They're ****ing hypocrites, that's why. Because the alternatives in the Primary are far worse than him.

If there ever has been a case of direct correlation between two people doing the same thing, this is it. Yet, we aren't allowed to point that out.

Remember the campaign contributions by the Chinese and other foreign powers to the Clinton campaign, with the uproar by Sen Thompson and the media ridiculing him for wasting time and money? I wonder what the quid pro quo was for that as they had to give back $2.8 million, which can actually be considered something of valve?

Uh huh...

And he shouldn't have claimed a conflict of interest and recused himself?
You were in retirement so I’ll forgive you for not knowing that I’ve said numerous times that, yes, Biden absolutely had no business being the person making that deal.

Said I’d support an independent investigation, which is what should have happened. Trump’s fingerprints should not be anywhere near an investigation of a political opponent. DOJ/FBI should handle those totally independently.

The difference, IMO, is that the tie between Biden’s ask and American interests is easily discernible. Trump’s looks to me like political oppo research. But, again, that’s apparently a subjective assessment.

However I’d submit that thus far the testimony on record appears to clearly state that the administration’s position is no quid pro quo. Did Trump get all giggly to himself and maybe even his most trusted confidants? There’s clearly a chance of that for sure. FDR sure loved him some Machiavellian string pulling (no Trump is not FDR...) however people have to prove that and even if they do if the benefit is still correlated with national interests that is the dialog that will won the day.

Yovanovitch could possibly still throw a wrench in State’s thus far unified position. I’m guessing she isn’t appreciative of getting fired. And I was wondering about the glowing... but extremely brief... mention of Yovanovitch in Volker’s opening statement. No examples of her own actions given as he did elsewhere through out the document. But I admittedly could be reading more into it than is there. Might still be some quality TV coming!
I haven’t seen any evidence of an explicit quid pro quo aside from the “I want you to do is a favor though.” Which, if you want to parse it, wasn’t explicitly tied to the funds.

I do think there’s an implicit quid pro quo, but again, I find nothing inherently wrong with that.

Just trying to remember other recent quid pro quo’s:
Nobody cared that Obama asked things of Iran before giving them that money. There were plenty of people who thought he should have gotten more. Plenty of people who thought he shouldn’t have given them anything. Nobody said “oh but that was a quid pro quo.”

He just gets REALLY, REALLY defensive when you point him to the personality profile of the person that stirs the pot because he likes thinking he gets a rise out of someone.

Actually mocked me for supposedly calling him a big meanie-pants while literally, simultaneously calling me a big meanie-pants name-caller for pointing him to that "dark-tetrad" psychological profile of stunted emotions and self-loathing.

I think you're conflating being defensive with bewilderment and curiosity at your thinly veiled anger towards me. Oh, I'm sure you think your doing God's work for you and "the gang", psycho-babbling about self loathing and needing Jesus.

Its hilarious that you have convinced yourself that your words upset or otherwise 'rattle' me. This forum is a snake pit of point-counter point, yet you've somehow assumed that any accusation or insult you levy, shouldn't be responded to - lest it be viewed as 'defensive'. Your entitlement in this regard is breathtaking.

Ironically, you'll probably slap your knee pointing at this post yelling "see defensive, just like I said!" 😂

Carly Simon had a hit song about cats like you.

Last edited:
The problem is, the corruption and hypocrisy on both sides would not have been discovered unless events unfolded as they have.

Nearly every President has been a didn't dunuffin when they got caught with their hands in the cookie jar. Trump has good company in that regard.

Maybe, but somehow I doubt that Trump would have dug his heels in on Biden if'n he knew what the left was going to do. Altruistic is not one of the words I'd use to describe any politician.

Reactions: 37L1
And I always thought a banana republic was somehow different than this , I’m pleasantly surprised . If this is as bad as it gets I’m good with it . Somehow I feel more secure now than I did during the Cold War ( except for the liberals trying to take my guns and outlaw free speech ) and reading about the Cuban missile crisis I’m positive we are much further away now from getting the big mushroom dropped on us then we were . I guess it really is about perspective .

My point of contention with Trump has always been that, either by abusing executive powers, undermining institutions, disregarding norms and mustering support for it from the so-called conservative party, alienating portions of the electorate, or all of the above, he is creating circumstances that make those threats to liberty, which you identified, more likely.

Kamala Harris and Beto O’Rourke and their promises to violate the constitution are a direct result of Trump in the same way you guys feel Trump is a direct result of Obama.

Remember the campaign contributions by the Chinese and other foreign powers to the Clinton campaign, with the uproar by Sen Thompson and the media ridiculing him for wasting time and money? I wonder what the quid pro quo was for that as they had to give back $2.8 million, which can actually be considered something of valve?

*cough* NRA donor reporting requirements sure got tweaked in a hurry.

I'd rather do whatabouts today, rather than mix it up with the smart guys

*cough* NRA donor reporting requirements sure got tweaked in a hurry.

I'd rather do whatabouts today, rather than mix it up with the smart guys

My post was not directed at you. Whatabout you FO? That work for you.

Until the Dems get control over the radical wing...they deserve the blowback from this overreach

Reactions: AM64
Said I’d support an independent investigation, which is what should have happened. Trump’s fingerprints should not be anywhere near an investigation of a political opponent. DOJ/FBI should handle those totally independently.

Why is this (now) such a difficult concept for red hats to grasp?

I think your conflating being defensive with bewilderment and curiosity at your thinly veiled anger towards me. Oh, I'm sure you think your doing God's work for you and "the gang", psycho-babbling about self loathing and needing Jesus.

Its hilarious that you have convinced yourself that your words upset or otherwise 'rattle' me. This forum is a snake pit of point-counter point, yet you've somehow assumed that any accusation or insult you levy, shouldn't be responded to - lest it be viewed as 'defensive'. Your entitlement in this regard is breathtaking.

Ironically, you'll probably slap your knee pointing at this post yelling "see defensive, just like I said!" 😂

Carly Simon had a hit song about cats like you.

"I'm not defensive, but I'll bet you say..." Hm... OK. If you say so...

Narcism, Machiavellian-ism, psychopathy and sadism, oddly fighting against a low self image. That's the psychological profile of an internet troll. And it's addictive. The psychologically stunted brain craves the dopamine dumps that they get from believing they've brought displeasure to someone else.

Toodles. Happy hunting, I guess... Er... Sorry. I meant "barrel-fishing".

Last edited:
I haven’t seen any evidence of an explicit quid pro quo aside from the “I want you to do is a favor though.” Which, if you want to parse it, wasn’t explicitly tied to the funds.

I do think there’s an implicit quid pro quo, but again, I find nothing inherently wrong with that.

Just trying to remember other recent quid pro quo’s:
Nobody cared that Obama asked things of Iran before giving them that money. There were plenty of people who thought he should have gotten more. Plenty of people who thought he shouldn’t have given them anything. Nobody said “oh but that was a quid pro quo.”
I cared that Obama was giving them the money at all for any reason. In my opinion we should have sanctioned their asses back to circa 3000 BC and left it at that.

Reactions: AM64
You were in retirement so I’ll forgive you for not knowing that I’ve said numerous times that, yes, Biden absolutely had no business being the person making that deal.

The difference, IMO, is that the tie between Biden’s ask and American interests is easily discernible. Trump’s looks to me like political oppo research. But, again, that’s apparently a subjective assessment.

Okay. I'll get back to this later. I have hot country chicks to ogle at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Obsessed
That’s dumb in this forum stewie. If I get somebody to put me on ignore in here I’d normally claim a victory even if the exchange resulted in a pyrrhic victory.

I wasn't talking to you... /Ignore ND40

You finally won!

nah, I'm doing my ignoring the manual way

VN Store

Back