The Impeachment Thread

This is a pretty good read of impeachment events... The Federalist is right leaning but also mostly factual.according to The media bias site

Author is a fellow at a right wing think tank proffering his opinions, not reporting. Not a neutral source of information in any way.

Pigs using tools, squirrels at Neyland and all sorts of critters in AM64's yard..

View attachment 229895

I read about that this weekend. The guy nursed the little abandoned squirrel back to health, and then put him out in trees and the yard multiple times - the squirrel kept waiting at the door to get back in. Smart squirrel. I've got a couple of cats like that - they look outside like "been there, done that, got the merit badge, not doing it again."

I read about that this weekend. The guy nursed the little abandoned squirrel back to health, and then put him out in trees and the yard multiple times - the squirrel kept waiting at the door to get back in. Smart squirrel. I've got a couple of cats like that - they look outside like "been there, done that, got the merit badge, not doing it again."

Smart squirrel, but a Vol fan? Oxymoron.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
So here's a question. Considering general government and military efficiency in getting financial stuff done, how could you possibly know if there's been a deliberate delay?

Probably why the House has subpeonaed the Pentagon.

But let me ask -- if there were a legit reason they delayed it, don't you think we'd have heard about it by now?

Probably why the House has subpeonaed the Pentagon.

But let me ask -- if there were a legit reason they delayed it, don't you think we'd have heard about it by now?

No. The right hand has to figure out what the left hand was doing before anything happens, and the government or military aren't about to admit they didn't have a clue what was going on. Governments (possibly inadvertently) invented black holes long before astronomers found the first one.

Why bother? We've been told the wealthy are paying so little now; it should be a waste of time for the IRS to audit them ... after all, the rich have all those high priced and shifty accountants, and the typical government clerk couldn't possibly be up to the job of unraveling what they neatly package.

It's a matter.of principal if not politics at this point. Trump said he would release them, if he were not under audit. I suppose that may not be a barrier after all.

I don't know what's in there, or if there is any value, but apparently we may know soon.

I thought this was proven false.
Unless something new came out, he has no authority to “change the rules.” The letter that was released basically said they changed how the rules are explained to employees because their prior explanation was not consistent with the statute.

I’d be shocked if the whistleblower’s attorney didn’t say something to them about the form.
So this article is asking the same questions I did before. It’s the timeline of the forms update. And let’s face it the ICIG messaging during this whole process has been 3 Stooges like. Clamming up now is just further escalation and bringing Curly Joe into the mix.

So here's a question. Considering general government and military efficiency in getting financial stuff done, how could you possibly know if there's been a deliberate delay?
From the article:

"Democrats say the documents are needed to examine the sequence of events and the reasons behind the White House’s decision to withhold aid appropriated by Congress to counter Russian aggression. The aid was later released.

The subpoenas come as a new whistleblower stepped forward with what the person’s lawyer said was firsthand knowledge of key events."

No. The right hand has to figure out what the left hand was doing before anything happens, and the government or military aren't about to admit they didn't have a clue what was going on. Governments (possibly inadvertently) invented black holes long before astronomers found the first one.

Puhleaseeeeee.

If there was a prayer of a legitimate argument to be made that the delay was not at Trump's or his minions' insistence, they'd have been all over that from the getgo.

Lol

It’s cute when a lib uses the “C” word.
I’ll give you a hint. The “official impeachment inquiry vote” is just a talking point. It doesn’t actually exist. The full house doesn’t have to vote to authorize anything other then whether or not to adopt the inevitable articles of impeachment, which they will.

VN Store

Back