The Impeachment Thread

Sometimes a question requires a little bit more of an answer to counteract the absurdity of the question and its intent.
You knew the answer before you asked the question. You also knew exactly why the answer was what it had to be.
I’m glad we agree you had nothing to offer to refute the original transcript and I do enjoy watching your contorted flailing.

"From the day I announced I was running for President, I have NEVER had a good @FoxNews Poll," Trump tweeted Thursday.

"Whoever their Pollster is, they suck."

The president did not specify which poll numbers bothered him so much, but Fox News reported on Wednesday that a new survey shows that of registered voters, "a new high of 51 percent wants Trump impeached and removed from office."

A frequent guest on Fox News programs, yet more of a critic of its coverage in recent months, Trump also tweeted that "@FoxNews is also much different than it used to be in the good old days."

MAKE
FOX
NEWS
GREAT
AGAIN
Y'ALL

M-F'N GAY

Per those polls, Guiliani hit the nail on the head here.

The effect of impeachment is to overturn the popular will of the voters. We must not overturn an election and remove a president from office except to defend our system of government or our constitutional liberties against a dire threat.

And we must not do so without an overwhelming consensus of the American people. There must never be a narrowly-voted impeachment, when impeachment is supported by one of our major political parties and opposed by the other. Such an impeachment will produce the divisiveness and bitterness in our politics for years to come and will call into question the very legitimacy of our political institutions.

Two thoughts.

First, by now you have to think that Trump is kicking himself for bringing Rudy into his administration, and certainly having him be this involved. The guy has done nothing but cause problems.

Second, given that, and given that Trump has shown absolutely no compunction about letting people go pretty much at the first sign of a problem, why hasn't Rudy "resigned"?

Makes you wonder....

giphy.gif

It’s interesting how selectively stupid you can be. At times you appear lucid, as in the above response, at others incredibly dense. At least we can confirm that you are choosing to misinterpret things Trump does because you don’t like him.

Pretty bad if even the Fox guys are calling out Trump on this one for having no proof yet.

Trump might be deserving of removal from office. But a corrupt system protects itself. Clinton was deserving of removal from office and we saw how that played out. But of course, you feel no outrage over that one. So it seems like your outrage is politically selective and motivated.

Truthfully, if we started digging, I have little doubt we'd find many politicians worthy of being removed from office. People on both sides have been abusing their power for decades, but most are only outraged that the "other side" is doing it. They don't seem to care their side does it as well. That seems to be where you fall. Hold the right accountable, let the left slide. You continuously find ways to defend it by talking about degrees and continuums. You're fooling yourself. Wrong is wrong, it doesn't matter the side.

As horrible and despicable as Trump is as a person, and I agree that he is, he was lawfully elected to be President. This idea that he "must" be removed is ludicrous. Whether you accept it or not, there's been an ongoing coup since he won the election. The Dems have done anything and everything to try and undo an election. Their behavior has been horrible and despicable as well, yet you're perfectly accepting of it. If you want him out of office so desperately, vote him out. It's what I've said all along. Beat him in 2020. Even though I don't like any of the candidates currently running, someone has to win. No different than 2016 when it was Hillary/Trump. Someone has to win, no matter how bad they may be. So if you want him gone, vote him out. All the left has truly done is cement a precedent of Congressional insurrection of a President, and you'd be foolish to think a future GOP controlled House won't do the same to a future Dem President.

The idea you're "insightful" is laughable. Insightful is being able to see both sides of the argument. You see only one. Not only that, but you only think of the now. You totally ignore the ramifications going forward. You cannot truly believe this ends with Trump. No, these machinations will absolutely echo into the future as each side tries to one up each other.

This whole "but Trump" argument is ridiculous. Yes, he is a horrible despicable person that should never have been President. We've had men like that before hold the office. As much as you and others want to believe, Trump is not the first. But we've never had such an eroding of government than we have now. And that is on the political parties and their petty bickering and their willing ness to do anything for power. People are being blinded by this "Trump bad" campaign and they're ignoring the overreach of people whose only true term limit is death. Congress is far more of a danger than Trump IMO. All of this talk of oversight of the President, who's keeping them in check? No one.

The most amazing part of that is that it would appear that dims have made it a moral obligation to go out and round up the most un-electable band of misfits imaginable. You'd think they would have learned something from watching the GOP do the same thing for multiple cycles. It makes you start wondering after watching the Dims and GOP doing foot amputation with ARs if things are so bad that this is all the country has to offer.

Sure I can refute it. Trump has a well established track record of being an habitual liar.
On that we can agree. You libs continue to refute the authenticity of the transcript... while offering no valid proof to support the claim. And it’s funny as hell to watch. 😅

Reactions: AM64
My only problem with this is it flies directly against an accused being able to face his accuser. And this isn't about Trump, it's in all cases. Who's to say these whistle-blowers aren't making **** up? How do we know they aren't trying to serve a vendetta against someone? How do we know they aren't being weaponized to serve an agenda? While I understand the importance of anonymity, there's also a danger to anonymity. False accusations can easily be lodged and ran with by the media, ruining someone, even if they are found innocent, simply because a stigma exists. It's like some falsely accused of rape. Even if cleared, no one forgets that person was accused of rape. They have to carry that. I just think there are several inherent dangers to the whole whistle-blower system we currently have, and would question it no matter who it was directed towards.

It's the equivalent to "unnamed sources" in media hit pieces. Name the source, show the evidence, connect the source's "impression" with events, or go home.

VN Store

Back