The Impeachment Thread

I see you’re quite adept at parroting a MSM talking point narrative.

Convenient of you to overlook all of the children that were being used by adults who weren’t their parents to get a free pass.

Do you actually care about the truth or just the narrative the media used to bolster the outrage?

As bad as the "media" is, it's still light years ahead of citing anonymous twitter rando's.

Reactions: Rifleman
Sounds like you think it will be a landslide. With a normal incumbent in this economy it would be, but my guess today would be something like this, with several of the pink states going full Florida 2000 and Texas not be called on election night.

View attachment 234933

The bifurcation of Florida north-south has been really evident to me of late when it comes to Trump.

And there is this weird thing of everyone steering clear of even conversation about it. His supporters are just not interested in debate or discussion. You are pro-Trump, or they are going to shove it in your face that they are. It is quite alarming how little sense of introspection they possess and their complete unwillingness to even discuss it.

They wear their rejection of facts and their lack of reasoning skills as some sort of weird badge of honor.

The bifurcation of Florida north-south has been really evident to me of late when it comes to Trump.

And there is this weird thing of everyone steering clear of even conversation about it. His supporters are just not interested in debate or discussion. You are pro-Trump, or they are going to shove it in your face that they are. It is quite alarming how little sense of introspection they possess and their complete unwillingness to even discuss it.

They wear their rejection of facts and their lack of reasoning skills as some sort of weird badge of honor.
I bet it gets even worse in the redneck riviera (aka the panhandle).

I think you are greatly underestimating the amount of visceral anti-Trump sentiment that exists in the country right now. All that Trump has is his base. I don't see many independents staying at home or voting for Trump. Either way, your 350 number was ridiculous. That simply isn't possible even in a best case scenario for Trump.

Also, I just got an e-mail that the Fed has cut interest rates once again. As of tomorrow, the prime lending rate will be 4.75%. That is good news if you make a living selling home equity loans and credit cards, but it is also a sign that the U.S. economy is slowing down. If it continues in that trajectory? Trump is toast.

My 350 was trying to imagine how a Trump landslide would look based on Volstrom's belief that there are still GOP voters who weren't tapped into in 2016. I'm not sure how that would look either. He didn't provide a map.

I do believe there are untapped reserves of voters, but I think Trump would be better suited if they stayed at home. In fact I think the RNC strategy will be to turn everyone but the base off, so we may have fewer voters than in 2016.

I have been watching the interest rates as well, and there are some negative factors like manufacturing growth, but I don't see some of the other leading indicators that the economy is heading into recession. Obviously it would be devastating to Trump but a recession would also be a bad time for a Warren to begin the massive changes she is proposing.

My 350 was trying to imagine how a Trump landslide would look based on Volstrom's belief that there are still GOP voters who weren't tapped into in 2016. I'm not sure how that would look either. He didn't provide a map.

I do believe there are untapped reserves of voters, but I think Trump would be better suited if they stayed at home. In fact I think the RNC strategy will be to turn everyone but the base off, so we may have fewer voters than in 2016.

I have been watching the interest rates as well, and there are some negative factors like manufacturing growth, but I don't see some of the other leading indicators that the economy is heading into recession. Obviously it would be devastating to Trump but a recession would also be a bad time for a Warren to begin the massive changes she is proposing.
We're not necessarily headed for a recession, but I don't think it takes that to derail Trump's strongest case for support. On it's present course, the economy will hardly be booming a year from now. I do love these lower rates, though.

They probably just don't want to be physically and verbally assaulted by your side.

We're not necessarily headed for a recession, but I don't think it takes that to derail Trump's strongest case for support. On it's present course, the economy will hardly be booming a year from now. I do love these lower rates, though.

Lol aren’t you the one that went on record saying we would be in a recession by sept of next year ? Backtracking so soon ?

I'm fortunate enough to have a house there at the beach. It's really bad. They are drowning liberals right and left down there. People like you should go to Virginia Beach .

You shut your mouth !
you wouldn’t like it hear BB , everybody carries those scary pew pew sticks .

Florida is obviously the most fascinating state for anyone doing data science in politics right now. I created a Virginia data model a few years ago as a side project and it was dead-on in predicting state-wide elections there.

So I geared up to build a model of Florida, but that's another beast altogether: some of the areas are so volatile with voter rolls, then trends of sub-groups don't track from election to election in places, so I gave up pretty quick. It would take me years really, whereas I cracked Virginia with a few late nights.

Florida is obviously the most fascinating state for anyone doing data science in politics right now. I created a Virginia data model a few years ago as a side project and it was dead-on in predicting state-wide elections there.

So I geared up to build a model of Florida, but that's another beast altogether: some of the areas are so volatile with voter rolls, then trends of sub-groups don't track from election to election in places, so I gave up pretty quick. It would take me years really, whereas I cracked Virginia with a few late nights.

NERD!

There is no way that he wins any state that he lost in 2016. The only state that is even in play is Minnesota. The most likely scenario is that Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin all flip to the Democratic side... and that puts Trump below 270. No idea where you are getting 350 from, that is not possible. He only had 306 in 2016.
Bowlstradomas?

For what it is worth, mediabiasfactcheck.com rates "RealClearInvestigations" as being:

"Right-Center Biased based on story selections that moderately favors the Right and Mixed for factual reporting due to utilizing several sources that have failed fact checks."

Also, the motives behind the "whistleblower" and their credibility are no longer relevant, now that a person with firsthand knowledge of both the July 25th phone call between Donald Trump and Volodymyr Zelenskyy and of Trump and Rudy Giuliani's pressure campaign against the Ukrainian government has come forward (Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman yesterday). This article is passe.

For what it is worth, mediabiasfactcheck.com rates "RealClearInvestigations" as being:

"Right-Center Biased based on story selections that moderately favors the Right and Mixed for factual reporting due to utilizing several sources that have failed fact checks."

Also, the motives behind the "whistleblower" and their credibility are no longer relevant, now that a person with firsthand knowledge of both the July 25th phone call between Donald Trump and Volodymyr Zelenskyy and of Trump and Rudy Giuliani's pressure campaign against the Ukrainian government has come forward (Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman yesterday). This article is passe.
Good then he can testify he might be able to add something to the testimony

Reactions: volinsd
Especially if you're guilty.....which he obviously is.
It’s the smart thing to do regardless of guilt. I had a civil matter once where I had done absolutely nothing wrong. We tried cooperating at first and that got us nothing except huge legal bills because the other party was never satisfied. After that I said screw you and see you in court. They had the burden of proof and I had the facts on my side. The other side finally came up with something tolerable just before court but after 2+ years. We never should’ve cooperated even though I was innocent of all their charges. We really need to move to a loser pays system.

And they also rank CNN and MSNBC as left bias...not even left center bias

VN Store

Back