The Impeachment Thread

You wouldn’t like my brand of comedy . I have no doubt it would offend your progressiveness . I find it ironic that you promote Dennis Miller , a conservative comedian that thinks the PC culture , and the over use of race card has broken our society . He also believes Pelosi sleeps upside down and is “ Batsh!t” crazy . Lol

I have no issue with comedians roasting the excesses of PC and cancel culture. I think a lot of that stuff is BS. If I was a safe space fan, I sure wouldn't be in this forum. But no one of a conservative bent seems very capable of doing it well. I guess it just ends up as coming across as bitter. The clip that @VolStrom posted above is just atrociously bad. I'd ask for my money back if I saw that at a local free open mic.

Seriously, why do Republicans suck so bad at comedy?

Other than Dennis Miller, who's a decent conservative comedian?

Why did Saturday Night Live used to be funny but now it sucks? If you don't like a cheaply made parody of Adam Schiff on a weekend show on Fox news too bad.

I have no issue with comedians roasting the excesses of PC and cancel culture. I think a lot of that stuff is BS. If I was a safe space fan, I sure wouldn't be in this forum. But no one of a conservative bent seems very capable of doing it well. I guess it just ends up as coming across as bitter. The clip that @VolStrom posted above is just atrociously bad. I'd ask for my money back if I saw that at a local free open mic.

Dennis Miller is one of my favorites another one was George Carlin . There’s too many today that are afraid to be comics and make fun of others .

Why did Saturday Night Live used to be funny but now it sucks? If you don't like a cheaply made parody of Adam Schiff on a weekend show on Fox news too bad.

I have no issue with bug eye jokes. I don't find what they did offensive in the least. It's just not funny. Like the last joke. He writes airplane on a piece of paper and throws it at the door without attempting to make it into an airplane. In what universe is that funny?

I have no issue with bug eye jokes. I don't find what they did offensive in the least. It's just not funny. Like the last joke. He writes airplane on a piece of paper and throws it at the door without attempting to make it into an airplane. In what universe is that funny?
I'll make sure that I screen any post in the future that someone might find "funny" or "not funny" through you first.

George Carlin was great. He was probably more of a libertarian.

That’s what I think made him so good , he was so funny and made fun of everybody so you didn’t think about politics or I should say I didn’t . I just enjoyed the grumpy old hippy lol

I'll make sure that I screen any post in the future that someone might find "funny" or "not funny" through you first.

I'm not trying to give you a tough time. Just pointing out the phenomenon--which is hard to deny--that there's not much in the way of decent conservative comedy.

That’s what I think made him so good , he was so funny and made fun of everybody so you didn’t think about politics or I should say I didn’t . I just enjoyed the grumpy old hippy lol
The classic comedians of yesterday were great because they didn't bring politics into their routine and if they did they offended everyone not just be a political hack for one party like these idiots do today. Johnny Carson, George Carlin Robin Williams, the list goes on.

The classic comedians of yesterday were great because they didn't bring politics into their routine and if they did they offended everyone not just be a political hack for one party like these idiots do today. Johnny Carson, George Carlin Robin Williams, the list goes on.

I think good comedy is fundamentally about challenging power and accepted but strange norms, and frankly conservatives are usually the ones defending those.

I'm not trying to give you a tough time. Just pointing out the phenomenon--which is hard to deny--that there's not much in the way of decent conservative comedy.
So what is the distinction between conservative comedy and liberal comedy? Most of the comedy on TV at least these days, is liberals making fun of conservatives. Do you find what is on the air today funny?

Or, “I was against Trump from the beginning. I swear!”

"Where were you Granddad when that President that hated everyone and lied all the time tried to become King?"

BugOrangeD: "HILLARY!!! PAJESUS DEMOCRATS!! Plush farmgramcide willowy turdfrompper..."(mumbles something incoherently and fades back - drooling - into his bowl of liquified applesauce).

Last edited:
"A White House official pushed back on the notion that acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney's decision to join a lawsuit seeking a federal judge's guidance in the impeachment inquiry amounts to any distance between Mulvaney and President Trump.

The official said Mulvaney is working with the White House, not against it.

"Mulvaney's counsel is working closely with [White House counsel's office], and WHCO was fully apprised of the filing before it took place," the official said. "Having the President be on the lawsuit is a technicality, given the competing instructions given to Mr. Mulvaney. The lawsuit is non-adversarial as to the President, and in no way indicates any distance between the President and the acting chief."​

TRANSLATION: Mulvaney is definitely trying to distance himself from the White House.

"A White House official pushed back on the notion that acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney's decision to join a lawsuit seeking a federal judge's guidance in the impeachment inquiry amounts to any distance between Mulvaney and President Trump.

The official said Mulvaney is working with the White House, not against it.

"Mulvaney's counsel is working closely with [White House counsel's office], and WHCO was fully apprised of the filing before it took place," the official said. "Having the President be on the lawsuit is a technicality, given the competing instructions given to Mr. Mulvaney. The lawsuit is non-adversarial as to the President, and in no way indicates any distance between the President and the acting chief."​

TRANSLATION: Mulvaney is definitely trying to distance himself from the White House.
Not really. Mulvaney was wanting to join the lawsuit in order to be an "inside man" The lawyer for the plaintiff as well as house democrats have challenged his addition to the lawsuit.

House Democrats, ex-Bolton aide ask judge to block Mulvaney from joining lawsuit

Nope . I’m just going leave you hanging on that one . I don’t think there’s anything that would help if you can’t understand how a chain of command or leadership structure works .
I went to a lot of trouble to explain how this falls outside the leadership structure considering I don’t understand it.

I’m sure “nuh huh” without any citation to authority or articulation of why I’m wrong will be persuasive to some people, though.

Last edited:
I went to a lot of trouble to explain how this falls outside the leadership structure considering I don’t understand it.

I’m sure “nuh huh” without any citation to authority of articulation of why I’m wrong will be persuasive to some people, though.

I think this is what he was going for.

Personalist dictatorships[edit]
Personalist dictatorships are regimes in which all power lies in the hands of a single individual. Personalist dictatorships differ from other forms of dictatorships in their access to key political positions, other fruits of office, and depend much more on the discretion of the personalist dictator. Personalist dictators may be members of the military or leaders of a political party. Yet, neither the military nor the party exercises power independent from the dictator. In personalist dictatorships, the elite corps is usually made up of close friends or family members of the dictator. These individuals are all typically handpicked to serve their posts by the dictator.[10][13]

Dictatorship - Wikipedia

Reactions: luthervol

VN Store

Back