The Impeachment Thread

Let's get real: Democrats were first to enlist Ukraine in US elections

Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) delivered a pointed message to Ukraine’s new president, Volodymyr Zelensky.

Murphy boasted after the meeting that he told the new Ukrainian leader that U.S. aid was his country’s “most important asset” and it would be viewed as election meddling and “disastrous for long-term U.S.-Ukraine relations” to bend to the wishes of Trump and Giuliani.

"I told Zelensky that he should not insert himself or his government into American politics. I cautioned him that complying with the demands of the President's campaign representatives to investigate a political rival of the President would gravely damage the U.S.-Ukraine relationship. There are few things that Republicans and Democrats agree on in Washington these days, and support for Ukraine is one of them," Murphy told me today, confirming what he told Ukraine's leader.

The implied message did not require an interpreter for Zelensky to understand: Investigate the Ukraine dealings of Joe Biden and his son Hunter, and you jeopardize Democrats' support for future U.S. aid to Kiev.

The Murphy anecdote is a powerful reminder that, since at least 2016, Democrats repeatedly have exerted pressure on Ukraine, a key U.S. ally for buffering Russia, to meddle in U.S. politics and elections.

But but but someone said bidens kid wasnt under investigation! It's a moot point now.

And fyi..other countries can investigate American citizens if they are involved in crimes in that country. The more you know!
You clearly don't have an understanding of OUR LAWS about investigating OUR CITIZENS.

Its out. Trump used office to get political interference in election. Rudy and Barr involved. WH officials tried to squash the full transcript.

Trump's done. Rudy and Barr might be going to prison.
Lol. You've been screeching the same sh!t for years now. Good luck finding anything illegal done by Trump that isn't based on conjecture and severe ass hurt.

Just read whistleblower complaint. Get ready for dissapointment libs!

They won't be disappointed. They won't even read what's there. They will only be able to say it is inaccurate and they will continue the fight. They read kind of like this: Step 1: To scramble an egg, crack the shell and empty the egg into the bowl... Dem> "That is not how you boil an egg. We will fight this. I'm going back to my office and draw up the legal papers. [kicks vagrant out of way on sidewalk in their district on way to office] 'get out of my way, don't forget to vote for me again, and make sure to watch the news so I can tell you how to boil a scrambled egg'."

I want to say thank you to Mr. penguin high pants, ole bug eyes and plastic Pelosi for fixing every issue we had in the country in just 1 short year. It's remarkable what they have done, great leadership. It's much appreciated since they have solved everything else they now have time to continue with these fake investigations.

Reactions: AM64 and GVF
You dont have an understanding of laws. You actually said another country cant investigate an American. How much glue did you sniff in highschool??
I never said that. NEVER. I've never even heard anyone else say that either. Please find the posts.

This does look awful for him. Can’t wait to see Republicans pretend to forget what bribery means for the foreseeable future (I anticipate some intellectually dishonest Obama/Iran deflections as well).

VN Store

Back