The Impeachment Thread

The political pressure continued. Biden threatened to withhold $1 billion in crucial U.S. aid to Kiev if Poroshenko did not fire the country’s chief prosecutor. Ukraine would have been bankrupted without the aid, so Poroshenko obliged on March 29, 2016, and fired Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin.

At the time, Biden was aware that Shokin’s office was investigating Burisma, the firm employing Hunter Biden, after a December 2015 New York Times article.

What wasn’t known at the time, Shokin told me recently, was that Ukrainian prosecutors were preparing a request to interview Hunter Biden about his activities and the monies he was receiving from Ukraine. If such an interview became public during the middle of the 2016 election, it could have had enormous negative implications for Democrats.

Let's get real: Democrats were first to enlist Ukraine in US elections
We'll see if that is true. If so, the worm turns on the whole "using political office to bully other countries in an effort to influence a US election" thing, no?

You'd think Biden and the Dems would erase the word "Ukraine" from cultural consciousness, not make a huge deal about how evil it is to bully them to influence an election.

Yeah. Why wouldn't I? It beats the hell out of this mob boss banana republic **** show.

Leaving it up to the Ukrainians with this “veiled” financial incentive to find something just means any result is untrustworthy.

You got that right. D-Rep Murphy muddied those water a while back.

Reactions: AM64
Question - Do Dems think Obama should have been impeached when he told Medvedev that he'll have more flexibility after the election? He was clearly coordinating with a foreign government to influence an election.

Totally. You idiots really whiffed on not impeaching him, it would have been a slam dunk because it was exactly the same thing!

Reactions: Mick
Yeah. Why wouldn't I? It beats the hell out of this mob boss banana republic **** show.

Leaving it up to the Ukrainians with this “veiled” financial incentive to find something just means any result is untrustworthy.
Oh no I’m all for it! Go ahead and do it. And if it is investigated an IC would support the integrity of any investigation as it would be outside the control of the DOJ or the Executive.

It will be interesting to see if you call gains steam. And frankly what you’re recommending is exactly what many suspected would happen. This whole fiasco backfire and take down Biden. I can’t see how having an IC ongoing investigation against you would help your chances on your 2020 presidential bid.

But... let’s also remember who gets to appoint the IC 😈. If it shows a negative result the left will just throw it out as a puppet doing the bidding of Trump. 🤷‍♂️ Only way to possibly squelch that would be a criminal conviction, not just indictment, of Biden. And I don’t think anybody on either side really wants to ring that bell.

Isn't that independent counsel process how Ken Starr was born. Of course, all that was squashed out by politics. I know Pelosi says no one is above the law, but even she knows to leave a Clinton Cur on the porch.
The public appointment of counsel to investigate the president is uncommon. My understanding is that screening the president from investigations to prevent an appearance of impropriety is commonplace.

We have an independent special prosecutor investigating the FISA process right now. Pretty sure Trump isn’t involved in that.

Literally a few posts up. Unless of course you mean something completely different and were unable to properly convey that in English.
Copy/Past if you can because you are just being completely dishonest. You have such a fragile argument you have to make up complete lies.

The Republicans, predictably, are left invoking whataboutism. They have nothing left. Pathetic.
Actions of one, actions of all. Go ahead, investigate anything and everything to do with influence, elections and Ukraine. That tar is going to stick on a lot of "unintended targets."

Reactions: AM64
If biden was doing something illegal, it's the American justice system that needs to handle it, not the Ukraine. We have procedures for investigating American Citizens. There is no grey area unless there is an open investigation into Biden by the United States Government.
Copy/Past if you can because you are just being completely dishonest. You have such a fragile argument you have to make up complete lies.

You could have just quoted it yourself if you're so confident in appearances.

Why would the US have jurisdiction for the crimes an American commits in Ukraine?

VN Store

Back