The Initial '08-'09 Hoops Trap 10.

I think UNC will be just ridiculous. Look at the depth, unreal. I also look for UF to come up quite a bit, esp by tourney time.

Hat, what's your forecast on the Gators? They lose Speights to the NBA draft early, but so much youth now with a year, some humility, and an NIT FF under their belts. Will they make the NCAA tournament, can they give UT a run for its money in the SEC, and how about Calathes?

Hat, what's your forecast on the Gators? They lose Speights to the NBA draft early, but so much youth now with a year, some humility, and an NIT FF under their belts. Will they make the NCAA tournament, can they give UT a run for its money in the SEC, and how about Calathes?
Close your eyes, what do you see? Thats what they will win.:whistling:

Hat, thanks for posting a sensible thread in this forum.

I didn't make it to any of the RTL games. I am generally wary of anything someone does in the summer, due to the fact that defense is usually very lax during those games. That said, people whose opinions I respect have told me that Maze looks like a totally different player than the guy who was totally lost as a frosh at OU.

So Maze may be getting his on-court act together? If so, it bodes well for our team.

I'm telling you hat...it's hands down UNC...

Experience...2 seniors 3 juniors in starting lineup...2 seniors off the bench

Guard play...Lawson and Ellington backed up by 3 McD's AA's

Inside game...Naismith player of the year along with 2 McD's AA's and a 14pt 7 rebound guy

Depth...legitimately 2 deep at every position

Overall talent...8 former McD's AA's in the rotation

Name any team that even touches that

And why exactly do you think that....I'm just curious

It's just my impression from watching them play over the years. Back-to-back FF appearances are rare even for them.

They will have a very good offensive team...just like last year. But unless they learn how to play defense a little better, a FF run is iffy at best for them.

It's just my impression from watching them play over the years. Back-to-back FF appearances are rare even for them.

They will have a very good offensive team...just like last year. But unless they learn how to play defense a little better, a FF run is iffy at best for them.

I see where you're coming from...alot of people feel that way...

But I also think alot of people (not neccesarily you) took the game against Kansas as a norm for them and not as an exception...you're talking about a team that only lost two close games prior to that and blew out some very good teams during the tournament...

But the biggest knock on UNC during the Roy Williams era HAS been that they play decent defense...but never championship caliber defense

We'll see what happens with them...but I don't think there's much doubt...based on what UNC brings back and what everyone else has lost...that UNC will be the unanimous pick to win it all

I think Florida will be one of the most improved teams in the country. It would not shock me to see them in the Elite Eight. Calathes is good, but a bit overrated I think.

I'm telling you hat...it's hands down UNC...

Experience...2 seniors 3 juniors in starting lineup...2 seniors off the bench
All of whom have been around for their gag jobs in the last two NCAA Tournaments.

Hat, I agree with you on UCLA. Many have written them off after their players leaving but Ben is a damn good coach and has everyone in SoCal excited about UCLA basketball again. I think they win the Pac-10.

You haven't watched UNC much, have you?

So they make the Final Four last year...return everyone and bring in 3 McD's All American's but they're an Elite 8 team at best...

You can at least understand the skepticism can't you?

So they make the Final Four last year...return everyone and bring in 3 McD's All American's but they're an Elite 8 team at best...

You can at least understand the skepticism can't you?

In 1993-94, they returned 4 veteran starters off a NC team and added Jerry Stackhouse, Rasheed Wallace, & Jeff McInnis. That team lost in the 2nd round of the tourney to BC.

Plus, Roy is still coaching the team.

I think Florida will be one of the most improved teams in the country. It would not shock me to see them in the Elite Eight. Calathes is good, but a bit overrated I think.

I hope you're right..but I dont think they'll make that big a jump.

In 1993-94, they returned 4 veteran starters off a NC team and added Jerry Stackhouse, Rasheed Wallace, & Jeff McInnis. That team lost in the 2nd round of the tourney to BC.

Plus, Roy is still coaching the team.

WOW, I forgot about that. Great memory.

VN Store

Back