The (many) indictments of Donald Trump

He says it’s a process problem. Senate didn’t confirm him and congress didn’t give DOJ the authority to appoint him. So his appointment isn’t valid.

Guess it might be a situation where DOJ relied on chevron deference and acted competently and in good faith at the time. Who knows.
At some point all of these “good faith” efforts things that keep falling apart when going after Trump signal that they aren’t really good faith efforts. There’s been so much tried and so much he’s gotten out of that it comes across as political interference and a group of people with a clear agenda against a man. Hell, even Chris Cuomo said the NY case would never have happened if it wasn’t Trump or if Trump wasn’t running for office. The spying through incorrect FISA warrants, 2 impeachments, this case, that case, and on and on and on. It’s beyond the point of being able to assume anything being brought against Trump is in good faith anymore. Even the potential legitimate cases end up with some kind of overreach, killing any credibility that might’ve existed.

I'd speculate they would say he was acting on behalf of Trump Organization and not in a POTUS capacity when he had Cohen in the White House to discuss reimbursement...

But yes, might as well throw it into an appeal
If that’s the case then how could they possibly say it’s election interference? If he was just protecting his brand then the interference part is gone and the case with it.

But there absolutely isnt a multi-tier justice system, no siree!
yok.gif

the "victims" of Trump's offense (not crime as it was a civil case) indicated that not only was the relationship good but they'd do it again.
Yea, all of that is true. But he (they) cooked up fake paper. It was more than the tweet painted it as.

But it still pales in comparison to executing a fraud that results in the deaths of 350 people.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
At some point all of these “good faith” efforts things that keep falling apart when going after Trump signal that they aren’t really good faith efforts. There’s been so much tried and so much he’s gotten out of that it comes across as political interference and a group of people with a clear agenda against a man. Hell, even Chris Cuomo said the NY case would never have happened if it wasn’t Trump or if Trump wasn’t running for office. The spying through incorrect FISA warrants, 2 impeachments, this case, that case, and on and on and on. It’s beyond the point of being able to assume anything being brought against Trump is in good faith anymore. Even the potential legitimate cases end up with some kind of overreach, killing any credibility that might’ve existed.
The last several special counsels have been appointed the same way, including the one who investigated Joe Biden.

The last several special counsels have been appointed the same way, including the one who investigated Joe Biden.
I’m not even talking about Jack Smith in particular. My statement was just in general. It’s clear Trump has been targeted. So far very little has actually stuck but the media gets their headlines, which is the main purpose, aside from somehow forcing Trump out of the race entirely which is pretty unlikely. Of course, it’s easy to see what little credibility MSM has these days. What’s funny is for a lot of people it took this Biden thing to see it.

Reactions: norrislakevol
It's older code, but it checks out.

They started to sever ties with him when NY's AG started probing their relationship with trump. There was an article that I read a while back that said the bank contacted Trumps people wanting to know what was going on and they ghosted them for 6 months. That pretty much ended their business relationship.

I’m not even talking about Jack Smith in particular. My statement was just in general. It’s clear Trump has been targeted. So far very little has actually stuck but the media gets their headlines, which is the main purpose, aside from somehow forcing Trump out of the race entirely which is pretty unlikely. Of course, it’s easy to see what little credibility MSM has these days. What’s funny is for a lot of people it took this Biden thing to see it.
Then I don’t know why you responded to my post. It was about Clarence Thomas’s analysis of Jack Smith’s appointment.

From the Russian hoax, to pee pee tapes, to "cheap fakes"....they have shown that they have no shame and will pedal what ever the left wants them too.

Are you of the position that Thomas’s appointment analysis is incorrect at this point?
I haven’t looked into it anymore. I trust that Clarence Thomas and his clerks are a lot smarter than me and put some effort into it.

I have a little less faith in DOJ to have the justification on the front end but I know they’ve already been litigating it in Florida so there is an argument for their side but I don’t even know what it is.

The remaining criminal cases against Trump are pretty much dead and I probably won’t pay them much attention. The 1/6 case is too mired in official conduct. The Florida case judge won’t make a decision on anything. The Georgia prosecutor seems like an idiot. He gets a jury of millions in November and I think that was the intent, here.

Reactions: 85SugarVol

VN Store

Back